1. The SDN iPhone App is back and free through November! Get it today and please post a review on the App Store!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dismiss Notice

Prescription for Loupes

Discussion in 'Dental' started by ToothBlaster, Aug 16, 2011.

1. ToothBlaster

Thanks

#1 ToothBlaster, Aug 16, 2011
    Last edited: Aug 19, 2011
  2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. OChemTA

2+ Year Member

Dental Student
    I am wondering about this as well. I also have myopia (-1.5 and -1) and I'm wondering if I need prescription on my loupes. To be honest, I've never heard of having prescription on your telescope... I thought it was only on the glasses part?

If no one answers, I'll try to get an answer for you when we have our loupe symposium on sept 8 I think... I'm just gonna ask the reps and try them on myself.

I'm leaning towards no for prescription loupes since my myopia isn't that severe... and adding a prescription is so expensive : (

4. Vicviper

Vicviper Steve McAwesome
    Faculty Dentist 7+ Year Member

Dentist
    In talking with a rep or two, some companies actually put your prescription into the telescopic lenses, and some somehow just modify the working distance to compensate for the prescription (something along those lines). I assume the later works because when people look through my telescopes (with my Rx in them), they can get it into focus if they use a different working distance. Anyways, I would tell them your Rx if you use it - you might as well see what they say.