presentation at a conference

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Farinata

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am part of a research project that will be published soon.
And for now we will participate at a conference for medical research by giving an oral presention about the project; however my colleague will be presenting

My question: can I mention on my CV this participation at the conference under oral presentation category?
Or only the presenter (my colleagye) is eligible to mention it on his CV?

If I can't mention it as "oral presentation", under what category I mention it?

Members don't see this ad.

Not sure what you mean. Is this a national conference with invited speakers? Did you have an abstract reviewed and accepted? Was the abstract published? If so, you can list the abstract in your CV. Since you did not actually present the research I think it would be fraudulent to claim you did.

Not sure what you mean. Is this a national conference with invited speakers? Did you have an abstract reviewed and accepted? Was the abstract published? If so, you can list the abstract in your CV. Since you did not actually present the research I think it would be fraudulent to claim you did.
It is a national conference at our university for medical research done by students, and there were invited speakers.
Yes the abstract was reviewed and accepted to be presented at the conference. And it will be soon published in an international journal.
The commette at the conference asked that only one individual of each project can do the oral presentation. So my partner presented.
What can I mention on the CV about the conference participation? Can I mention that my abstract was accepted and presented? Can I mention it under "oral presentations" category? Or under what category?

Members don't see this ad :)
Publications --> peer reviewed abstracts

No, the oral presentation would not count as a peer reviewed abstract unless the abstract was published which at a conference it most likely was not. This would go under the oral presentation category on eras but use an asterisk to highlight that you were an author but not the presenter.