Presentation for interview

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

SeekerofTruth

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
A rotation site asked me for my resume and I submitted it expecting to be interview3d for an outpatient staff pharmacist job. It turned out to be for a clinical pharmacist position and I got the interview. They are asking to go do a 15 minute presentation on a topic. Should I ask them if they have a preference for the topic if the presentation?

What would be a good area to present?

Does anyone have any tips for me?
Also, should I seek preapproval of the topic I present?

Members don't see this ad.

If they didn't provide any specific requirements then you are probably good to pick whatever you'd like.

15 minutes is pretty quick and dirty. Pick something that you feel confident answering questions about. Maybe review a few free CEs on the subject to get ideas. Maybe present on a specialty that this hospital sees a lot of? Although you then run the risk of looking uninformed when dealing with experts.

Eh, just throw something together about antimicrobial stewardship and call it a day.

Id be careful presenting this. People are still a little polarized on this issue in that they either believe it 100% or 0% because the data is all retrospective. That prospective study is of such poor quality that it is far from definitive. Probably the only reason it was published is because one of the authors is the chief editor of that journal. Plus with the IV flagyl shortage at the moment it is not very timely.

You should present something you've already presented but change the presentation so it fits the time slot and audience.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user