Presentation

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

scootad.

20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi guys. Im an MSIII doing a 2 wk away rads elective. The director said we could do an optional powerpt presentation on any rads topic. I am considering the field so I think it would be a good idea for me to do it.

Can someone help me out w/ any ideas for interesting topics? Its only 5-10 min and I dont want it to be too complex as I myself am fairly ignorant in my rads knowledge.

Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

scootad. said:
Hi guys. Im an MSIII doing a 2 wk away rads elective. The director said we could do an optional powerpt presentation on any rads topic. I am considering the field so I think it would be a good idea for me to do it.

Can someone help me out w/ any ideas for interesting topics? Its only 5-10 min and I dont want it to be too complex as I myself am fairly ignorant in my rads knowledge.

Thanks!

hi,
lets see..
What would you like to do?Rads is very vast..Do you have something in mind.
You could do a PP on basic stuff ,,say on silhoutte sign or say something on doppler physics...diffusion principles..etc
OTOH,you could do something new say on PACS...ANN or even PET CT or Cardiac CT.
An intern presented a PP on digital camera use in Rads ..which went down very well with our consultants....
All the best..whatever you do...
Regards

Members don't see this ad :)
If I were you, I'd pick a disease with different radiologic presentations to present. There are a lot of auto-immune diseases with interesting radiologic findings, maybe you could do something like a presentation on pulmonary changes seen in radiology with rheumatoid arthritis or lupus. Another good option might be to pick a recent radiology research article to present. If you need some help looking for some good pictures for your presentation, I'd reccomend using the image search engines at google and altavista. You can use them by typing in whatever you are looking for (eg chest xray lung cancer).
http://www.altavista.com/image/default
http://www.google.com/imghp?hl=en&tab=wi&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&q=

scootad. said:
thanks so much. what is ANN?

ANN is artificial neural network.This is like CAD(computer aided diagnosis).which are basically computer softwares helping out in interpreting mammography and pulmonary nodule evaluation.Quite cutting edge stuff.
hth