Pretty aamc chart

Started by afugazzi
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

afugazzi

Full Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
View attachment aamcPretty.pdf

Sorry if someone has posted something similar. I am trying to learn R, a statistics program, for my job and I decided to test it with the familiar aamc gpa vs. MCAT chart. I got the data from here:
http://www.aamc.org/data/facts/applicantmatriculant/table24-mcatgpa-grid-3yrs-app-accpt.htm

I turned it into this pretty graph above. The area of the circles represents the number of applicants with those stats.

Let me know if there is anything I can do to make it prettier! (Also if you notice any inaccuracies).
 
looks nice, but why is there even a dot on the sub 15, sub 2.0? I know there are extreme cases of people who get in with a bad mcat or a bad GPA, but both!

never mind, the dot is small because there are still people applying with those stats, but the chance is less than 10%, most likely 0
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
nice work.
you need a explanation for what the size of the circle represents. I am guessing that it is the number of applicants at that point?
 
Nice graph, although I have a few critiques. The MCAT ranges aren't very clear. I'm not sure exactly what scores correspond with each dot. GPA ranges look fine though.