Pretty cool...

Future Doc1

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I have this Brazilian exchange student staying at my house for 10 months
going to my school for the year. It's sort of wierd right now because me and my sis are just getting to know her but it will probably get better in
awhile.

Members don't see this ad.

I hosted a foreign exchange student from Switzerland for a semester last year. It was weird at first, but not too weird because he knew my brother already. The weirdness wore off quickly enough, and we became good friends. :)

Good luck, I hope your experience is as good as mine was. If you have any questions about hosting a foreign exchange student, feel free to ask.

Ya, I would be weirded out if I had a foreign exchange student livng with me. I would be scared that we would never become friends just because of our personalities or something, and then it would be awkward as crap for however long he/she would stay.

my situation was really easy...it was the second semester of the school year, and my brother was already friends with the kid. The kid hated his former home, and really really wanted out, and anything we gave him was gonna be better than what he got at his former home.