Previous Applicants that took DAT in Aug.

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

eric275

Prosthodontist
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
My question is for previous applicants that took thier DAT's in Aug or later. I will be taking my DAT's this Aug and was trying to get an idea from previous applicants of how full interview schedules were when you went to schedule your interview's, i.e. the earliest that you were able to schedule your interviews.

Members don't see this ad.

I have my application and dat in august.
However, i didnt turn in my LOR till October, so I didnt get an interview till January.
So, I dont think completing ur file in august will be that late, however, u want to make sure ur DAT score is the last thing be4 ur app is completed.

Note: UOP, Case, and UNLV are the schools that I know accept people very early. I am not sure about oregon though.

Try to have everything in (LOR, trnscripts, application fees, and so on) before the DAT. Once your DAT arrive you'll hear from them within 2-3 weeks tops. At least it was like this in my case.

I took the DAT on Dec 31 and turned in my app. a week later. I only applied to three schools and was offered interviews at all of them. I went to two of the interviews and got accepted at one and waitlisted at the other. I finally got in at the other. It all depends on which schools you are applying to and how strong your app is. It took about 1-4 weeks to hear from each of the schools. Good luck.