Previous personal statement .. bad taste?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

rubes08

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
So I applied very late last cycle - did not get in. I only submitted my application to one school and managed to get an interview which means they would have read it. Would it be okay to use the same personal statement? Or should I just start from scratch?

Members don't see this ad.

Let me rephrase. Obviously, when reapplying to that particular school I would change it but is it okay to send to other schools?

When did you apply last cycle? I might also apply a little late so I'd like to know where I would possibly stand.
And if you think you have a solid PS, then I would use the same one. If not, change it up a bit. It would also be helpful to reach out to the school you applied last cycle and ask what you can do to strengthen your application.

Members don't see this ad :)
I applied beginning of June at MCPHS. I wasn't planning on it but they extended their deadline due to Covid so I figured why not.. however I do think if I'd applied earlier I would've gotten accepted. So I'm going to try to submit much sooner this time

I would change the statement somewhat. At least update it so it's not the exact same and they can see you've made some effort since your last submission.

I used to same personal statement when I reapplied. It was obvious my stats were the problem so I just worked on those -- work on improving your weak areas and leave the stronger parts of your application as is unless you're adding a very valuable experience to your PS.