• Set Yourself Up For Success Webinar

October 6, 2021 at 2 PM Eastern/11 AM Pacific
    SDN and Osmosis are teaming up to help you get set up for success this school year! We'll be covering study tips, healthy habits, and meeting mentors.

Register Now!

• Funniest Story on the Job Contest Starts Now!

Contest starts now and ends September 27th. Winner will receive a special user banner and $10 Amazon Gift card!

JOIN NOW
  • Site Updates Coming Next Week

Site updates are coming next week on Monday, Wednesday, and Friday. Click the button below to learn more!

LEARN MORE

Previous personal statement .. bad taste?

rubes08

Feb 11, 2020
  1. Pre-Optometry
So I applied very late last cycle - did not get in. I only submitted my application to one school and managed to get an interview which means they would have read it. Would it be okay to use the same personal statement? Or should I just start from scratch?

bio_student95

Apr 17, 2017
When did you apply last cycle? I might also apply a little late so I'd like to know where I would possibly stand.
And if you think you have a solid PS, then I would use the same one. If not, change it up a bit. It would also be helpful to reach out to the school you applied last cycle and ask what you can do to strengthen your application.

About the Ads

rubes08

Feb 11, 2020
  1. Pre-Optometry
I applied beginning of June at MCPHS. I wasn't planning on it but they extended their deadline due to Covid so I figured why not.. however I do think if I'd applied earlier I would've gotten accepted. So I'm going to try to submit much sooner this time

LUC78

2+ Year Member
Apr 30, 2016
  1. Pre-Optometry
I used to same personal statement when I reapplied. It was obvious my stats were the problem so I just worked on those -- work on improving your weak areas and leave the stronger parts of your application as is unless you're adding a very valuable experience to your PS.

About the Ads
This thread is more than 1 year old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.