Previous prelim program shut down. Any issues moving forward with future job or licensure?

Started by Dariogoly
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Dariogoly

New Member
5+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hello,

I am a current DR resident who found out that the hospital where I completed my PGY-1 intern year is shutting down completely, along with their GME. Luckily I'm no longer there, however I am curious to see how this will affect me down the road (i.e. when I apply for jobs or for my license). To what extent would anyone in the future need to confirm anything from the hospital itself (as it would no longer exist)? I do see that a service called FSMB FCVS that can verify credentialing, however there is a fee. Would this be required or useful, or is this a waste of money?

I would appreciate any input, especially from any more experienced attending radiologists. Thank you.