Previous Primary Application

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

in.a.nutshell

Full Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I know there's been disscussions about whether or not schools keep your previous secondaries on file, but do schools see the primary application from the previous application cycle? If so, do they look at it to compare?

Thanks!
 
It depends on the school. My state school said they only keep applications and LOR of students who were interviewed and was rejected. Then, they would compare applications for the new cycle. Check with the school... it varies.



I know there's been disscussions about whether or not schools keep your previous secondaries on file, but do schools see the primary application from the previous application cycle? If so, do they look at it to compare?

Thanks!
 
Based on the extra time that it would take to compare old apps, I doubt most schools are going to compare your essays between years. That said, if you didnt get in the first time, there must be ways to improve your PS and secondary essays. Make sure to include stuff you have done in the past year.

I used most of my old PS when I applied the second time. It was not a problem for me.