Priceline CEO out over affair with employee

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

urge

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
US Presidents (or politicians in general) won't resign unless they know they wil get removed from office.

Clinton has zero chance even after getting impeached to be removed from office. Nixon did have a great chance.

CEOs of public companies are a dime a dozen. They can be fired easily

http://money.cnn.com/2016/04/28/investing/priceline-ceo-resigns-affair/index.html?category=investing

I don't get it. Shouldn't it cost him a divorce, not his job?

Bill Clinton kept the presidency. Why the double standard?
If the president's behavior potentially harms the country, they should face impeachment. If it's a question of morals, save the tens of millions of dollars and wasted time and let the voters decide in the next election. He was a lame duck anyway.

As a hypothetical, if things are going really well for the country, why the he11 would we want major changes and expensive time-consuming hearings to disrupt that because of private concensual sex?

Members don't see this ad :)
This CEO must have some serious enemies on the company's board and he gave them the cause they were waiting for to get rid of him without paying him a fortune.
If they really wanted him this would have been handled differently.

Reactions: 3 users
Bill Clinton wasn't impeached for his affair. If the concern that an affair is "no big deal", then we need to make our spies uglier.

He was impeached for perjuring himself about it.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile app

Reactions: 1 users
Hillary is about to be indicted for mishandling American secrets and accepting bribes as secretary of state.

And she's still running for President.

She won't be indicted

The FBI opened up a new avenue of investigation AFTER they seized the server, and that investigation was into public corruption.

Have you read Clinton Cash?

The facts are there for the bribery. The email server, which included all of her email, her staff's email, and the Clinton Foundation, was seized by the FBI, and has every single email for dozens of people.

The evidence is there, which is why it has taken so damn long for the FBI to get through their investigation (which is still in process).

She will be indicted, and she will go to prison.

Members don't see this ad :)
Correct. Lying under oath as the president is a big faux pas.
To who? God? The grand jury? Big deal. He obviously doesn't believe in god, and the grand jury needs to figure out if oral sex is actually "sex". It's all trivial.

He lied about who he banged. Not who he sold state secrets to, not who he got bribed by, not who he killed. Who he banged. Everyone lies about that. No one who didn't hate him already cared, other than thinking he was an embarrassment. Were you a fan and then you changed your mind when he lied about sex? Of course not. You already hated him. I doubt you're a prude.

As far as a Hillary indictment, the justice department will not indict. The "fiscally responsible" Republican Party will spend millions and millions on investigations. Nothing will get done. Business as usual.

I'm not a Hillary Clinton fan, even if I agree with a lot of her politics. She's an opportunist who probably incorrectly thinks she deserves to be where she is. But no one in modern history has been more investigated, researched and defamed. If they haven't got a smoking gun yet, then there isn't one out there.

Reactions: 1 user
Hillary is about to be indicted for mishandling American secrets and accepting bribes as secretary of state.
Not a chance.

Then again I said the same thing about that Trump clown, too.

Somewhere there's a wonderful parallel universe where I'm right about Trump and wrong about Clinton.

To who? God? The grand jury? Big deal. He obviously doesn't believe in god, and the grand jury needs to figure out if oral sex is actually "sex". It's all trivial.

He lied about who he banged. Not who he sold state secrets to, not who he got bribed by, not who he killed. Who he banged. Everyone lies about that. No one who didn't hate him already cared, other than thinking he was an embarrassment. Were you a fan and then you changed your mind when he lied about sex? Of course not. You already hated him. I doubt you're a prude.

As far as a Hillary indictment, the justice department will not indict. The "fiscally responsible" Republican Party will spend millions and millions on investigations. Nothing will get done. Business as usual.

I'm not a Hillary Clinton fan, even if I agree with a lot of her politics. She's an opportunist who probably incorrectly thinks she deserves to be where she is. But no one in modern history has been more investigated, researched and defamed. If they haven't got a smoking gun yet, then there isn't one out there.

Read about her cattle futures contracts she traded as First Lady in Arkansas. She made about 10000% profit in a year. The odds were estimated to be 1 in 35 trillion of that gain. She originally said she did her own research. But then it was realized she wasn't. She was basically money laundering as her "consult" in the trades was a Tyson Foods executive, who happened to be the beneficiary of several favorable government grants during Clinton's time as governor. Let's not forget Whitewater where several people lost a lot of money, businesses were closed, and people went to jail (only of course to be pardoned by Wild Bill). Then of course you have Benghazi, the e-mails, anecdotal stories of intimidating and trying to ruin the lives of Bill's women, etc. she is a walking scandal and should be far, far away from the White House.

Read about her cattle futures contracts she traded as First Lady in Arkansas. She made about 10000% profit in a year. The odds were estimated to be 1 in 35 trillion of that gain. She originally said she did her own research. But then it was realized she wasn't. She was basically money laundering as her "consult" in the trades was a Tyson Foods executive, who happened to be the beneficiary of several favorable government grants during Clinton's time as governor. Let's not forget Whitewater where several people lost a lot of money, businesses were closed, and people went to jail (only of course to be pardoned by Wild Bill). Then of course you have Benghazi, the e-mails, anecdotal stories of intimidating and trying to ruin the lives of Bill's women, etc. she is a walking scandal and should be far, far away from the White House.

But is she less appalling than Trump?

Big deal? Yes, it is a big deal for a sitting president to perjure himself, especially over something that people would have clucked about but done nothing about.

It's really disappointing that people don't recognize this. Maybe because of the underlying cause (as if whitewater, sold Chinese secrets, legitimate rape accusations that probably happened, and shady corporate deals don't paint his character red), or maybe political birds of a feather tend to flock together.

I chuckle when I read "I'm not a Hillary fan" then see people defend her. They haven't been nearly as defamed as some on the right. Show me a nazi picture of either Clinton that has been spread via "trustworthy" news sources , or a doll hanging in effigy of Clinton. Bill was a beloved president, which is he only hope Hillary has. She has a terrible past and deserves every bit of mud slung at her.

Exactly. All of this doesn't pardon Trump for his shenanigans or Sanders from voting 93% in step with Hillary (and often against the things he claims to champion). The only decent option I see isn't R or D.

Exactly. All of this doesn't pardon Trump for his shenanigans or Sanders from voting 93% in step with Hillary (and often against the things he claims to champion). The only decent option I see isn't R or D.

I agree. Unfortunately, it will be one of those two. I don't steadfastly support Trump. I think he's a narcissist, full of hot air, and has disaster potential. With that said, my vote will be cast as "not Hillary" rather than for "Donald Trump". In my eyes anyways. I just cannot and will not bring myself to support her.

I agree. Unfortunately, it will be one of those two. I don't steadfastly support Trump. I think he's a narcissist, full of hot air, and has disaster potential. With that said, my vote will be cast as "not Hillary" rather than for "Donald Trump". In my eyes anyways. I just cannot and will not bring myself to support her.

It's a sad state of affairs. Gary Johnson get my vote.

It's a sad state of affairs. Gary Johnson get my vote.
Mine too, but it's easy for me to do that since I vote in California where my vote is meaningless. As much as I like him, if I was voting in a swing state I'd have to think hard about voting for him, and voting for the Not-Clinton blowhard reality show narcissistic clown.

I don't know anything about the cattle thing, but I'll take a look. The other stuff is played out and depending on who you ask, range from "who cares" to "shoot her" on the controversy scale. I think some of the issues do hurt her reputability, which is why I'm not a fan. But you look at the business dealings or private/political decisions of any rich world leader and you'll find trash. A quarter century in the public eye makes it easy to dig up and manipulate a lot of stories.

Big deal? Yes, it is a big deal for a sitting president to perjure himself, especially over something that people would have clucked about but done nothing about.

It's really disappointing that people don't recognize this. Maybe because of the underlying cause (as if whitewater, sold Chinese secrets, legitimate rape accusations that probably happened, and shady corporate deals don't paint his character red), or maybe political birds of a feather tend to flock together.

I chuckle when I read "I'm not a Hillary fan" then see people defend her. They haven't been nearly as defamed as some on the right. Show me a nazi picture of either Clinton that has been spread via "trustworthy" news sources , or a doll hanging in effigy of Clinton. Bill was a beloved president, which is he only hope Hillary has. She has a terrible past and deserves every bit of mud slung at her.
It a big deal "especially" because it was trivial? No, it's barely a deal at all. Lying about weapons deals or espionage is a big deal. Not sex. To me it's disappointing that people have convinced themselves that this IS important. I don't care what the president says about sex unless he's telling people about how to do it well, then I'll listen.

If you think Hillary Clinton hasn't been vilified as much as ANY politician in the last quarter century, it's ONLY because you're hatred for her makes the attacks seem reasonable. I doubt that anyone, including Obama, GW or even Dick Cheney has been trashed as much as her. And I don't have to be a fan of someone to recognize that they've been attacked unreasonably. It's politics. EVERYONE gets attacked unreasonably.

I'd go hunting with Cheney before I'd go with Clinton.

You'd go with someone who has literally shot someone in the back over someone who'd just probably shoot you in the back? Joke question, no reply necessary.

It a big deal "especially" because it was trivial? No, it's barely a deal at all. Lying about weapons deals or espionage is a big deal. Not sex. To me it's disappointing that people have convinced themselves that this IS important. I don't care what the president says about sex unless he's telling people about how to do it well, then I'll listen.

If you think Hillary Clinton hasn't been vilified as much as ANY politician in the last quarter century, it's ONLY because you're hatred for her makes the attacks seem reasonable. I doubt that anyone, including Obama, GW or even Dick Cheney has been trashed as much as her. And I don't have to be a fan of someone to recognize that they've been attacked unreasonably. It's politics. EVERYONE gets attacked unreasonably.

Spoken like a true liberal. It's only a big deal to people like you when it's about matters that are important to you. There are laws we all have to abide by, and consequences that follow. Lying under oath has consequences. Unfortunately he wasn't impeached for the bigger crimes he likely committed, like murder, rape and espionage. I definitely agree with you there that it's disappointing the impeachment came over perjury.

As for Hillary, she killed people and you're worried she's being treated unfairly. She's taught a whole generation of women to cling to the coattails of her husband instead of working on a name for herself and accomplishing... Anything, and when people criticize her for her failed policies and do-nothing (or kill people) employment, she (and her champions) cries about being treated unfairly. Boo-freaking hoo.

You're entitled to think she's super swell and a super victim, but there's a lot of people lol'ing at that idea.

You'd go with someone who has literally shot someone in the back over someone who'd just probably shoot you in the back? Joke question, no reply necessary.

You know the judge was standing in the line of fire in a bird hunt, right? Have you ever been hunting?

I get it's a funny joke and all, but sometimes I wonder if people are actually that dumb to believe the jokes.

You know Sanders will end up in a block of cement before she lets him win.
Trump whines like a petulant child about the Republican primary being rigged, but the Democratic primary actually is. Clinton had all the superdelegates in her corner before it began. How does Sanders compete with that?

Trump whines like a petulant child about the Republican primary being rigged, but the Democratic primary actually is. Clinton had all the superdelegates in her corner before it began. How does Sanders compete with that?
It is BS and I hope they change it. But in reality at this point it's a private organization that can do whatever they want. They clearly wanted Hillary and they might as well have just made her the candidate instead of going through the motions of a primary. Although in the defense of BOTH parties, they spend a sh1tload of money attacking each other and weakening their ultimate nominee. At least they make it democratic to SOME degree.They WOULD be better off just saying "candidate X will represent us" from the start. As weak as Jeb Bush was, he probably would've been the nominee and likely would've beat Hillary. I might've even voted for him.

It is BS and I hope they change it. But in reality at this point it's a private organization that can do whatever they want. They clearly wanted Hillary and they might as well have just made her the candidate instead of going through the motions of a primary. Although in the defense of BOTH parties, they spend a sh1tload of money attacking each other and weakening their ultimate nominee. At least they make it democratic to SOME degree.They WOULD be better off just saying "candidate X will represent us" from the start. As weak as Jeb Bush was, he probably would've been the nominee and likely would've beat Hillary. I might've even voted for him.

Lol, you'd vote for Jeb? There's no way he would have beaten Hillary.

You know the judge was standing in the line of fire in a bird hunt, right? Have you ever been hunting?

I get it's a funny joke and all, but sometimes I wonder if people are actually that dumb to believe the jokes.
No one cares. It's the hundreds of thousands of dead Iraqis and thousands of dead American soldiers that are the problem. And the instability and continued death. Otherwise he was great.

Please.
You're telling me these unbound delegates voting for whoever they want is any less rigged?

Both processes are rigged in favor of who they want.

Lol, you'd vote for Jeb? There's no way he would have beaten Hillary.
Yes he would. She's the weakest candidate since Mondale. Democrats have NO passion for her, and moderates don't like her. It would take a Trump or Cruz to get her elected.

I still think Trump has no chance, but he's surprised me every step of the way. As terrible as Hillary is, I'm not completely writing him off. Not that I'd vote for him; he's a buffoon.

I don't know anything about the cattle thing, but I'll take a look. The other stuff is played out and depending on who you ask, range from "who cares" to "shoot her" on the controversy scale. I think some of the issues do hurt her reputability, which is why I'm not a fan. But you look at the business dealings or private/political decisions of any rich world leader and you'll find trash. A quarter century in the public eye makes it easy to dig up and manipulate a lot of stories.

This is true, but by that line of thinking you will inevitably allow for the corruption from the far end of the bell curve to pass. Hillary is at the far end of the bell curve, and it isn't because she is a victim. She isn't like other politicians. No other politicians had real estate ventures where people went to jail, or people losing their right to practice law (Bill in Arkansas), or money laundering resulting in the shutdown of brokerage firms. They are c-o-r-r-u-p-t. And have done a good job of convincing people like yourself to just shrug their shoulders.

Read up on her. There are plenty of stories from Bill's women about her sociopathic behaviors. She actually defended a rapist of a 13 year-old girl in court. She called the girl a liar who went around pursuing older men. Her client was found guilty and Hillary was heard laughing on tape about how she got his plea deal down by attacking this girl's character and having him pass a liar detector test even though she appeared to know he was guilty. But wait, she is for women's rights! Read the link:

http://www.thedailybeast.com/articl...on-took-me-through-hell-rape-victim-says.html

She is pure evil. A sociopath.

Last edited:
Yes he would. She's the weakest candidate since Mondale. Democrats have NO passion for her, and moderates don't like her. It would take a Trump or Cruz to get her elected.

I still think Trump has no chance, but he's surprised me every step of the way. As terrible as Hillary is, I'm not completely writing him off. Not that I'd vote for him; he's a buffoon.

Jeb was a buffoon, too.

If I went, "You'd rather go hunting with someone who shot someone else who was standing in the line of fire in a bird hunt..." it just doesn't have the same effect.

I'm not responsible for whether or not people believe jokes or not, I ain't got time for that.

This is true, but by that line of thinking you will inevitably allow for the corruption from the far end of the bell curve to pass. Hillary is at the far end of the bell curve, and it isn't because she is a victim. She isn't like other politicians. No other politicians had real estate ventures where people went to jail, or people losing their right to practice law (Bill in Arkansas), or money laundering resulting in the shutdown of brokerage firms. They are c-o-r-r-u-p-t. And have done a good job of convincing people like yourself to just shrug their shoulders.

Read up on her. There are plenty of stories from Bill's women about her sociopathic behaviors. She actually defended a rapist of a 13 year-old girl in court. She called the girl a liar who went around pursuing older men. Her client was found guilty and Hillary was heard laughing on tape about how she got his plea deal down by attacking this girl's character and having him pass a liar detector test even though she appeared to know he was guilty. But wait, she is for women's rights! Read the link:

http://www.thedailybeast.com/articl...on-took-me-through-hell-rape-victim-says.html

She is pure evil. A sociopath.
I had to educate myself on some of these issues, because they do sound bad.

Turns out she wanted nothing to do with the rape case, and asked the judge to be relieved. The PROSECUTOR says she was adamant. They had chosen her because she was one of the few defenders that worked with indigents (which the defendant was). She did get this scumbag off with slimy techniques. No question. Apparently, though, she has also established and supported multiple organizations supporting care for children and children's rights.

The whitewater scam was perpetrated by Jim and Susan McDougal. No one knows how involved the Clinton's were, although several inquiries couldn't find a link. I'm sure they were involved more than they said. And Bill Clinton shouldn't have pardoned Jim McDougal. That was slimy as hell.

I'm not sure how Bill Clinton losing his license for lying about an affair supports Hillary Clinton being a sociopath.

Politicians are mostly some degree of terrible. I think Bernie Sanders is an exception. I thing Ron Paul was too. Everyone else just falls somewhere on the spectrum depending on your political biases.

Lol.
Yeah, they put a gun to her head and told her to defend a rapist and be dirty in your defense.
Right.

I don't care how many children's care organizations she supports, she defended a child rapist using dirty tactics.

To hell with her and to hell with those who defend her actions.

Innocent until proven guilty, remember?

In a true democracy, even a rapist deserves a fair trial, which means the same quality defense as we'd all like for ourselves, if we were accused of anything.

I am not a fan of Hillary, just of the Constitution and the principles it stands on. From where I stand, she did her job, the same way I offer convicts the exact same care I offer all of my patients, regardless of my prejudices (or despite them).

I had to educate myself on some of these issues, because they do sound bad.

Turns out she wanted nothing to do with the rape case, and asked the judge to be relieved. The PROSECUTOR says she was adamant. They had chosen her because she was one of the few defenders that worked with indigents (which the defendant was). She did get this scumbag off with slimy techniques. No question. Apparently, though, she has also established and supported multiple organizations supporting care for children and children's rights.

The whitewater scam was perpetrated by Jim and Susan McDougal. No one knows how involved the Clinton's were, although several inquiries couldn't find a link. I'm sure they were involved more than they said. And Bill Clinton shouldn't have pardoned Jim McDougal. That was slimy as hell.

I'm not sure how Bill Clinton losing his license for lying about an affair supports Hillary Clinton being a sociopath.

Politicians are mostly some degree of terrible. I think Bernie Sanders is an exception. I thing Ron Paul was too. Everyone else just falls somewhere on the spectrum depending on your political biases.

You read though that she was actually lying about the patient's character and laughing about her tactics years later? Literally no remorse for some shady tactics to help a rapist plea down his case, and in fact laughing at the victim's expense? Is that unsettling to you?

Innocent until proven guilty, remember?

In a true democracy, even a rapist deserves a fair trial, which means the same quality defense as we'd all like for ourselves, if we were accused of anything.

I am not a fan of Hillary, just of the Constitution and the principles it stands on. From where I stand, she did her job, the same way I offer convicts the exact same care I offer all of my patients, regardless of my prejudices (or despite them).

This has nothing to do with the Constitution. This has to do not with doing your job either. This has to do with being human. And laughing years later about how you got a rapist's sentence down that you knew was guilty is screwed up.

This is the sad thing. I firmly believe the republicans could easily win (in a landslide) with a wide range of moderate candidates but instead they have to go off the rails and nominate Trump or Cruz.

Reactions: 2 users
Lol.
Yeah, they put a gun to her head and told her to defend a rapist and be dirty in your defense.
Right.

I don't care how many children's care organizations she supports, she defended a child rapist using dirty tactics.

To hell with her and to hell with those who defend her actions.

Hey man, she is a champion for women's rights, unless you're raped and she is the defense attorney.