priceline.com for hotel?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ALI

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
I have heard some good things about priceline .com, but I don't really know how to use their "name your own price" on hotel function.
What should I be aware of? How to get the best deal?Are the hotels decent?? Suggestion and advice are welcome

Members don't see this ad.

hi ALI,

basically, what you do is just name the price that you would want to pay for a 2 stars, 3, 4 or 5 stars hotel in the area that you've chosen. then fill in the credit card infor and priceline does a search for you to see if any of the hotel rating that you specified accepts that price. they'll let you know 15 min after you've submitted your request. keep in mind that you HAVE to take the offer. i dont think you can change the request once they've accepted your price.
i put down 90$ for a 4 stars hotel and got the omni hotel in downtown boston before. so i guess it worked.
also, you can go to hotwire.com, i think they have good deals on that too..hope that helps...

- sallyc!