Primary Care Loan HELP!! Changed Mind!

Started by LArocks
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

LArocks

New Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Im sure this has happened to someone else in the past. I took the Primary Care Loan during my first year of medical school when I was certain I would practice family medicine. Now as a fourth year, I changed my mind and would like to go into EM. Unfortunately, my loan will jump from 5% to 18% interest. Has anyone been in this situation in the past? Can you please give me advice on what you did? Any resources I should look into? Please help. Thanks.😕