Primary care provider (physician or ARNP) attitudes toward machine learning

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ML_in_primary_care

Reaction score
Hello all,

I'm a PhD candidate at the University of Washington and for my dissertation project I'm doing research on how primary care providers view automated diagnosis by machine learning. This area is not well-studied right now, and research into PCPs' priorities for this technology are necessary to make products that meet your needs.

To participate you must:
  • Be either a physician or ARNP practicing in primary care
  • Practice in a university-affiliated clinic
  • Regularly refer women of average risk to breast cancer screening.
I'm currently conducting 30-minute interviews, but will also need participants for the survey, which will also take approximately 30 minutes. All participants will receive a $100 Amazon gift card upon completion of the interview / survey. I hope to end recruitment by the end of August 2019.

If you're interested, please sign up here: http://students.washington.edu/nhendrix

The exemption letter from the University of Washington IRB is attached to this post.

Thanks,
Nathaniel

Members don't see this ad.

Attachments

• Exempt_STUDY00006873_Hendrix_Initial.pdf
    82 KB · Views: 50
Last edited:
Hello all,

I'm a PhD candidate at the University of Washington and for my dissertation project I'm doing research on how primary care providers view automated diagnosis by machine learning. This area is not well-studied right now, and research into PCPs' priorities for this technology are necessary to make products that meet your needs.

To participate you must:
  • Be either a physician or ARNP practicing in primary care
  • Practice in a university-affiliated clinic
  • Regularly refer women of average risk to breast cancer screening.
I'm currently conducting 30-minute interviews, but will also need participants for the survey, which will also take approximately 30 minutes. All participants will receive a $100 Amazon gift card upon completion of the interview / survey. I hope to end recruitment by the end of August 2019.

If you're interested, please sign up here: Google Forms - create and analyze surveys, for free.

The exemption letter from the University of Washington IRB is attached to this post.

Thanks,
Nathaniel
Hello! Your link is not working. I wanted to apply to your study. Thanks