Primary care question

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Palindr0me

hi.
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I don't have a ton of time for posting, so I'll keep this quick:

I have a serious interest in primary care. I have shadowed and had experience with seeing the daily rhythms of both hospital-centered primary care and clinic-based. I have seen other specialties, but have not had as great of an interest due to a lack in continuity of care and personal relationships (I'm into all of that nurturing, growth, and progress "stuff")... I desire to serve abroad on a yearly basis, specifically Latin America. With all of this in mind, what schools have a strong preference for accepting students like myself and what programs are truly strong in training great primary care physicians? And for my last question, does it make a difference for my ability to get into a school if I show commitment to primary care and I have substantial reasoning and evidence for wanting to do so? We live in a cynical world, so I really want to make it clear I am down for what most people aren't.

Thanks guys! :)

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
I don't have a ton of time for posting, so I'll keep this quick:

I have a serious interest in primary care. I have shadowed and had experience with seeing the daily rhythms of both hospital-centered primary care and clinic-based. I have seen other specialties, but have not had as great of an interest due to a lack in continuity of care and personal relationships (I'm into all of that nurturing, growth, and progress "stuff")... I desire to serve abroad on a yearly basis, specifically Latin America. With all of this in mind, what schools have a strong preference for accepting students like myself and what programs are truly strong in training great primary care physicians? And for my last question, does it make a difference for my ability to get into a school if I show commitment to primary care and I have substantial reasoning and evidence for wanting to do so? We live in a cynical world, so I really want to make it clear I am down for what most people aren't.

Thanks guys! :)
Your state school has a vested interested in producing PCPs for your state. Start there first.

Reactions: 1 user