Princeton LiveOnline Course

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

melgibson7

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello SDN,

Have any of you taken the Princeton LiveOnline Course? If so, what are your thoughts. Yes, I have already searched the threads.

Thank you,
melgibson

I<3BT

Members don't see this ad.

I generally wouldn't suggest MCAT courses. They're WAY overpriced for what you're getting. Online is generally worse, I think. TPR has the best materials of the major companies, though. (Still, I'd go w/ TBR.)

Members don't see this ad :)
Do whichever one gives you the most practice questions that are written in the style and test the same concepts as MCAT questions. That should be the only criteria. Do all that, then do the AAMC tests, and you're good.

I'm currently taking the Princeton Review Hyperlearning course and I can quite honestly say that it's both a waste of time and money. I've stopped attending most of the lectures because all of the instructors simply repeat what is in the book. The only testing strategies they give out are pretty much just common sense, "dont spend 30 minutes on one question, okay?" "if you can eliminate A, B and C, then it has to be D! wow!" Don't get me wrong, the instructors are well-meaning, but they aren't 'experts' as PR claims (if you ask them for an explanation that's not already available in the book, they rarely give you a satisfactory answer.. which is disappointing)

The best parts about the course are: the AAMC CBT, the Hyperlearning textbooks and a study schedule. However, you can definitely buy the first two things for less than $800. And the study schedule is something you can find online easily for free. The online/in-person "instruction" simply isn't worth the $1000 premium they tag on. For $1800 you also get access to the PR diagnostic tests, but let's face it, most normal people aren't going to have enough time to do ALL of the AAMC CBTs and additional PR diagnostic tests.. my 2 cents.

i totally agree. One instructor just made us each take turns reading the book out loud. The other didnt teach anything either , just spoke about law school, medical school and his broken toe . They ovbiously wern't qualified...the only thing i have from it are the cbts.