Princeton Review HyperLearning DAT UCLA area

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Purpletrinity

Purpletrinity
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm hoping to find some more people around the L.A. area looking to take a DAT test prep course. Princeton Review is doing their DAT hyperlearning program starting in May if there are enough students signing up. The problem is that a lot of people don't know it even exists because they don't advertise on their website.

Anyway, I really want to take this class but the only way is if there are enough people. I can't take Kaplan because it conflicts with my work/school schedule and I really need to take something to prep.

I heard they are really good for the MCATs so it should be good for the DATs too. I think they are a little cheaper than the other ones out there too... Im not sure though.

The classes are supposed to be TWTh nights at the UCLA campus starting at the end of May until mid July.

Members don't see this ad.

I took the mcat review and it was great and then I decided I wanted to do dental but if there dat class is anything like their mcat you will be in great shape hopefully they have a class in NJ soon!!

Purpletrinity, I'm taking that exact class right now at UCLA, and I went through the same worry. It started on the tenth of this month and I signed up for it last November; Ray told me that there'd need to be at least seven enrolled in it for it to run. Somehow it's running right now with only five of us! So don't worry, when I asked them they mentioned that their May course was expected to fill up much better than the session I'm taking right now.

The materials are bomb; the textbooks are good, and the workbooks are pretty decent too. They'll give you 2 manuals, which together contain text on gchem, ochem and bio. They'll give you a 2" free-response workbook that goes through the major concepts for all the sections. They'll also give you a MC workbook, 1.5" thick with problems for all 6 sections. There's a lot to go through and that's good. But the instructors I have are all MCAT people, which you should decide for yourself if that's good or not. I'm considering skipping half of their classes now because they don't go into the material as in-depth during class as they do in the actual text. They move a bit slowly for 2.5 hours per class, and realize that while having a small class sounds good, it also means that the class will definitely run only as fast as the slowest person.

Feel free to ask me anything about it!