Quantcast

Princeton Review Instructor Interview Dress Code?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

FOOLSGAME

Membership Revoked
Removed
10+ Year Member
Reaction score

Members don't see this ad.
I am interviewing for a teaching position at Princeton Review and I was wondering what an appropriate dress code would be for those of you with experience in these matters. Thanks!

jvesco22

Membership Revoked
Removed
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I don't have any experience there, but if the word interview is in there, wear nothing less than a suit, period.

FOOLSGAME

Membership Revoked
Removed
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
well it's a teaching demonstration, they want us to teach something to other applicants and watch our teaching style. do you still think i should go suits?

efitzpat

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
When I interviewed with Princeton Review, I was already very familiar with the office staff since I had taken the prep course with them. I knew that they all worse shorts and sandals. So I wore very nice jeans, a dress shirt, and nice shoes. Dressy casual-ish. But, as I said, I already knew the vibe of their office

xoLissaLuvsU

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I wore business casual: black slacks, low heels and a... top? It was from Banana Republic if that helps. I think one of the big things they look for is comfort with teaching for an audience, so whatever you wear, make sure you feel comfortable and confident! Good luck!

aloepathic

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
When I interviewed there they explicitly stated business casual (button-down and slacks).

BlueElmo

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Yeah I think a full suit would look weird in this situation. Dress shirt and a tie should be enough.

Zweisamkeit

y halo thar
10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Reaction score
When I interviewed there, I wore a skirt, nice shirt, and dress shoes. The guys wore slacks, dress shirts and shoes, and ties.

Good luck! Hope you get the job; it's a cool thing to do in your spare time.

dw2158

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I don't have any experience there, but if the word interview is in there, wear nothing less than a suit, period.

now that's a wee bit of a toolish way to approach this question, isn't it?

i'm auditioning to teach kaplan MCAT classes this month, and they explicitly told me to wear business casual. i would assume that princeton review is similar.

jvesco22

Membership Revoked
Removed
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
now that's a wee bit of a toolish way to approach this question, isn't it?

i'm auditioning to teach kaplan MCAT classes this month, and they explicitly told me to wear business casual. i would assume that princeton review is similar.

How is it a bit toolish? You can't go wrong with a suit, if anything you can take the coat off. Simple as that. Better to be overdressed than underdressed.

PepperMD

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I can't believe nobody's suggested the obvious: @ssless chaps and a tubetop!

twoinone

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Agree with most everyone - a suit is an overkill; business casual is best.