Princeton Review Instructor Interview Dress Code?

Started by FOOLSGAME
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

FOOLSGAME

Membership Revoked
Removed
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I am interviewing for a teaching position at Princeton Review and I was wondering what an appropriate dress code would be for those of you with experience in these matters. Thanks!
 
I don't have any experience there, but if the word interview is in there, wear nothing less than a suit, period.
 
well it's a teaching demonstration, they want us to teach something to other applicants and watch our teaching style. do you still think i should go suits?
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
When I interviewed with Princeton Review, I was already very familiar with the office staff since I had taken the prep course with them. I knew that they all worse shorts and sandals. So I wore very nice jeans, a dress shirt, and nice shoes. Dressy casual-ish. But, as I said, I already knew the vibe of their office
 
I wore business casual: black slacks, low heels and a... top? It was from Banana Republic if that helps. I think one of the big things they look for is comfort with teaching for an audience, so whatever you wear, make sure you feel comfortable and confident! Good luck!
 
Yeah I think a full suit would look weird in this situation. Dress shirt and a tie should be enough.
 
When I interviewed there, I wore a skirt, nice shirt, and dress shoes. The guys wore slacks, dress shirts and shoes, and ties.

Good luck! Hope you get the job; it's a cool thing to do in your spare time.
 
I don't have any experience there, but if the word interview is in there, wear nothing less than a suit, period.

now that's a wee bit of a toolish way to approach this question, isn't it?

i'm auditioning to teach kaplan MCAT classes this month, and they explicitly told me to wear business casual. i would assume that princeton review is similar.
 
now that's a wee bit of a toolish way to approach this question, isn't it?

i'm auditioning to teach kaplan MCAT classes this month, and they explicitly told me to wear business casual. i would assume that princeton review is similar.

How is it a bit toolish? You can't go wrong with a suit, if anything you can take the coat off. Simple as that. Better to be overdressed than underdressed.