Princeton Review Practice Tests A-D

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

gene_pool

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Just took Test A. Holy hell, this was a hard test.... mostly hard because of the extremely long passages and question stems (not to mention it is the longer version of the test (214 questions)

Very good for timing, long question stems, hard Verbal, and multiple concepts.

I don't know if I want to continue with B-D, but part of me feels like I will really benefit from them. They don't really feel like the real test, but some people say that it's better to practice with conditions that are harder than the real thing.

Anyone else recently use these tests? What was your opinion on them?

Members don't see this ad.

Is this the earlier version of the test or for the 2015 MCAT? I thought TPR tests were 1-5
But I took a bunch (1-5, Cracking 1-3, and Review 1-2); almost all of them have extremely hard VR (then again I struggle a lot with it). The sciences I felt were very unrepresentative of and easier than the AAMCs; the BS passages literally take some info from a physiology textbook and my content was solid so I could skim the passage within 2 mins. Some questions you could answer w/o reading passage - this is a very bad habit to form before doing the AAMCs. I was averaging high on the TPR BS but got tanked by the first AAMC I took. TPR tests emphasize recalling of info whereas AAMCs emphasize critical thinking.
The hard verbal is good practice, but use the science scores only to gauge your content gaps.

The older "R" version. It's like from 2005, it comes in a book and they're just called Practice Tests "A," "B," etc... Just saw the other threads about it which are now pretty dated... I guess these are some of the hardest tests out there. But it looks like it helped all of them though because they're all doctors now haha...