Print materials for third year

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

stickgirl390

I tell chemistry jokes periodically.
5+ Year Member
Reaction score
My M3 orientation begins 5 days before my first clinical rotation (surgery). I’m wondering what print materials are “must-buys” for shelf exams and Step 2. I don’t want to wait for them to tell us what to get at orientation. Id like to order them now so I have enough time for shipping, given the current craziness.

For step 1 I really liked First Aid and Pathoma. Those were the only print materials I used. I did get the Sketchy workbook, but ended up going the Anki route for Sketchy.

Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

I don't think there are very many print resources that are "must buys". Pestanas surgery notes and first aid for psych are good. Divirgillos for surgery is really good and detailed but not necessary. Only other book I liked was Master the Boards Step 2. Case files are decent but my shelf scores were just as good on rotations where I didn't read it. If you use Anki I would pick a deck and make that + Uworld your main resource with OME as needed.

Reactions: 1 users
Zanki, UWorld, and OME. (Plus UWise for OB)

Pestana’s was good for surgery since it is a small book you can easily keep in your pocket (if you wear your white coat).

FA for psych was a great resource. That was the only book I actually finished.

Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)

Pestana’s was good for surgery since it is a small book you can easily keep in your pocket (if you wear your white coat).

What is OME?

Oh also, do you have a link to the most current Zanki deck for M3? I don’t trust my own searching skills. There’s so many Zanki decks out there I don’t understand which one is which.

Oh also, do you have a link to the most current Zanki deck for M3? I don’t trust my own searching skills. There’s so many Zanki decks out there I don’t understand which one is which.

This is the new AnKing step 2 deck that includes Dorian, Zanki step 2, and relevant cards from AnKing step 1

• Love
Reactions: 2 users
Step up to medicine is good for your internal medicine clerkship if you can manage to get through such a large book in that time

Reactions: 1 users
First Aid is still a good buy for Step 2 (and later on Step 3).

Surgical Recall was a good "pocket" reference book. Biggest book you can fit into one of your largest whitecoat pockets if I remember. The blueprint series were good too for FP and IM.

Reactions: 1 user