Printing AAMCs

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

chaeymaey

1K Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
I want to print out the AAMC tests, but they're around 80 pages each. Where do y'all print out your tests? I have a cheap deskjet printer and not enough paper for this. Is it better to go to a Kinko's or the library where they have a laser printer and unlimited paper? Do y'all know of other places where it would be easier to print out the AAMC tests?

Members don't see this ad.

Kinkos sucks, they raped me to print out a presentation (on normal size paper).

I just went to my uni's computer lab and printed them all out. We get like 800pgs/semester or something. If you can't do that, the library may be a good option, depending on if they charge. If the library fails the deskjet is probably cheaper than kinkos IMO.

You can buy paper in packs of 500 from places like Office Depot for relatively cheap...definately do that rather than going to Kinko's (they charge you by the minute; and not ironically, the printers are slow as hell ;) )

Members don't see this ad :)
I printed mine at home and did double-sided printing. It usually works. It just prints the first side, then you turn the stack around and put it back in to print the second side. That worked for me. It's not paper that I worry about, it's ink. Ink refills are so expensive! I can deal with the paper by doing double-sided printing, and I print on the lowest quality to save ink. It worked for me -- I took AAMC 8 yesterday using that method.

My problem is that I had to look online to see which questions I missed (can't print out the right answers), and I really wish there were explanations for the questions. I suppose that's asking too much...but after paying $40 for the test, I would like to know why the right answers are right for things I don't understand.

I just print them out them out at the computer lab in my college. They charge us $100.00 a semester anyways so we might as well make the best of it. I have two boxes of printouts from all this AAMC stuff and the stuff Kaplan provides.