PRITE results....

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ginnywc

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
any news when the PRITE results may be released?

Members don't see this ad.

I always get mine in the spring, mid April if I remember correctly.

MBK2003

I believe PRITE results are released mid-late December, but programs tend not to distribute them until February/March, once the admissions rush is over.

Members don't see this ad :)
My program gave us our results this week. They blocked the stats concerning how we rank within our program.

The results are very confusing to me. HELP!

We got ours today. Apparently I should become an ER or forensic psychiatrist and stay far away from children.

Bebop, the first set of columns has the number of questions answered correctly in each section. The second 2 columns shows how your score ranked among the residents in your program: first compared the other PGY1s and then among all the residents in all years of your program. Low numbers are better. The last two columns are national percentile, comparing your score to all PGY1s and then to all residents in all years. High numbers are better.

Can anyone give their input, out of experience or knowledge, as to the consequences for a poor PRITE performance? Is a resident placed on probation or is he just encouraged to do better the next time? My performance was poor & not improved from the previous year. This got me worried about the possibilty of losing my residency or placed on probation. Otherwise, I am doing well in my program & rotations. Does anyone have any feedback, please?

i got mine a 2 weeks ago, i think the truth is, if PRITE is the only sign of weakness (but you are doing well on your clinical rotations, etc), then I think the PD may at most pull you inside, scream at you, and after a 30 minute lecture, tell you, "WELL, you better do well next year...." (And I think he/she will forget next year). But if there are other signs of deficits, then the PRITE may give him/her a reason to put you on probation (but not likely though....)

Thanks for the feedback ginnywc. I was thinking ( & hoping ) the same thing. I'll have a proactive approach & speak w/him as a concerned resident.

At what level should interns be scoring on this exam?

Can anyone give their input, out of experience or knowledge, as to the consequences for a poor PRITE performance? Is a resident placed on probation or is he just encouraged to do better the next time? My performance was poor & not improved from the previous year. This got me worried about the possibilty of losing my residency or placed on probation. Otherwise, I am doing well in my program & rotations. Does anyone have any feedback, please?

Doesn't it still have the disclaimer that it is NOT to be used for disciplinary or advancement purposes?

At what level should interns be scoring on this exam?

Well, it reports your percentile compared to other interns across the nation, so I guess that gives us kind of an idea...

pretty freaked out here. I know as an intern, you just have to maintain an upward trend in scores in the next years, but still, it sucks. Anyone else

I don't think that as an intern, you should give serious consideration to your results. Afterall, we were in residency all of 3-4 months when we took this exam.

I'm looking at it as a study aid, I have some weak points and I know I have to work a little harder in those areas.

I'm not worrying about it, though initially I was a little upset at my score.