-
CycleTrack and SDN are teaming up to make medical school admissions more transparent and accessible! Read the announcement to learn how we’re supporting the future of CycleTrack’s free application-tracking tools .
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
Pritzker vs Stanford
Started by finn_
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Congrats on two amazing schools!
how seriously would you consider doing Berg or MSTP at Stanford?
If you’re mostly certain of doing MD-only, I’d choose Chicago!!
In addition to the full scholarship, it seems you genuinely loved your interview day there. If you look at Chicago’s match list, they do incredibly well-lots of opportunities in academia.
how seriously would you consider doing Berg or MSTP at Stanford?
If you’re mostly certain of doing MD-only, I’d choose Chicago!!
In addition to the full scholarship, it seems you genuinely loved your interview day there. If you look at Chicago’s match list, they do incredibly well-lots of opportunities in academia.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Grapesurgery
Full Member
Pritzker for the win. Curious, how would you be debt free with only a full tuition scholarship? Do you not have to consider living expenses and student fees, health insurance at least ~20k a year?
Still, it would be significantly cheaper than Stanford. So, especially considering the positive experience you had there, I vote pritzker.
Still, it would be significantly cheaper than Stanford. So, especially considering the positive experience you had there, I vote pritzker.
Have you reached out to Stanford about your financial offer from Pritzker?
Yes, they are completely unwilling to budge even with faculty willing to put in a good word for me. It seems that their strict need-based aid is even stricter given the new donation. FWIW, Pritzker also gave me no need-based aid.Have you reached out to Stanford about your financial offer from Pritzker?
As much as I want to say Stanford I don’t think anyone can justify that cost difference...
As much as I want to say Stanford I don’t think anyone can justify that cost difference...
Stanford because prestige is more than enough to cover the cost difference
/s
And now I get flooded with angrys, dislikes, wows, okays....
Stanford because prestige is more than enough to cover the cost difference
/s
And now I get flooded with angrys, dislikes, wows, okays....
You’re acting like pritzker isn’t prestigious. We aren’t comparing Stanford to albany or EVMS
Stanford wins with the prestige but not by much and it's definitely not worth 375k more, unless you have to be in the bay area or want to work in tech. If you were deciding between Stanford and a middle tier medical school then that COA would be justified. Uchicago is an amazing medical school with equivalent research opportunities. I would go Uchicago.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
MD34289403
Full Member
I think a school can be what you make of it. Maybe not everyone at Stanford is as friendly, but you haven't had a chance to meet many of your classmates yet. Stanford definitely has more opportunities at different levels than UChicago does, and if you express strong interest in Berg early on then you might have a better shot in the case that it does get more competitive. Definitely think about location of where you want to be for the next four years as well.