Pritzker.

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

sharpnerd00

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey,
Has anyone who applied to Pritzker not heard back yet? I've sent in everything since September and I haven't heard a peep from them. I think they're almost done interviewing for MSTP as well.

Members don't see this ad.

sharpnerd00 said:
Hey,
Has anyone who applied to Pritzker not heard back yet? I've sent in everything since September and I haven't heard a peep from them. I think they're almost done interviewing for MSTP as well.

I haven't heard from them yet... I called the first week of January, and they said I was in the last pool of apps to review....and that I would hear from them in 7-10 days....so I dunno whats going on. Note that I was complete just around the deadline.

I was complete months ago (September or early October) and haven't heard a peep.

Members don't see this ad :)
I got one of their pseudo-interview invites in october, and then didn't hear anything until 2 weeks ago. I emailed them to see what was up, and after about 4 days I heard a reply offering me an interview slot in 10 days. Because of previous plans I could not accept and asked to reschedule, but no reply as of yet . I was excited about visiting at least, but I'm just not impressed with the organization, and I'm not expecting to hear back about rescheduling at this point....

lundysd said:
I got one of their pseudo-interview invites in october, and then didn't hear anything until 2 weeks ago. I emailed them to see what was up, and after about 4 days I heard a reply offering me an interview slot in 10 days. Because of previous plans I could not accept and asked to reschedule, but no reply as of yet . I was excited about visiting at least, but I'm just not impressed with the organization, and I'm not expecting to hear back about rescheduling at this point....

Yeah, I got the pseudo-invite thing, but haven't heard anything since. Perhaps it really was pseudo. :(

i called their office a little while ago (also haven't heard anything) and the lady said one of their main administrators no longer works there, so they've been backed up. either that, or they just don't want us :confused:

I think they're behind in general. I applied there straight MD, and it took twice as long for me to hear back post-interview as they told us it would at the interview. So you might try emailing or calling them again if you still haven't heard. Don't give up too quickly; Chicago is a fantastic research school. :thumbup:

QofQuimica said:
I think they're behind in general. I applied there straight MD, and it took twice as long for me to hear back post-interview as they told us it would at the interview. So you might try emailing or calling them again if you still haven't heard. Don't give up too quickly; Chicago is a fantastic research school. :thumbup:

Never mind.

I got my rejection letter today. I don't understand though. I know a lot of people got MSTP rejections by email first... and then were told they would be put into the MD pool. I never even got THAT email. how rude!

sharpnerd00 said:
Never mind.

I got my rejection letter today. I don't understand though. I know a lot of people got MSTP rejections by email first... and then were told they would be put into the MD pool. I never even got THAT email. how rude!

I just talked to an MSTP student at Pritzker and confirmed that they are a bit behind due to their administrator leaving.

On the other hand, I should note that being complete in September to an MSTP program like the one at UChicago is a little bit on the late side.

I got a rejection letter yesterday from the med school yesterday... no mention of the MSTP, so maybe they send a separate letter. My first pre-interview rejection, so I guess I can't complain.

Has anyone already interviewed at Pritzker? Can you tell me what the interview is like and what you thought? Thanks!