Pritzker

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

dl2dp2

20+ Year Member
Reaction score
has anyone received an interview invitation from U Chicago? I'm wondering if they are really slow this year.

Members don't see this ad.

I e-mailed their main admissions office awhile back, asking them about LORs for MSTP applicants. The rude response was basically to look online. I searched before and after this e-mail and never could find anything definitive.

2 weeks ago I e-mailed their main admissions office asking to see if my MSTP application was complete, being careful to make sure that I was an MSTP applicant and that if it was to the wrong I address, could they forward it over. The response was that I'd never sent my LORs. I went ahead and had them faxed over.

2 days later I called the MSTP office and they said that my LORs had been there for months, however they had just started reviewing applications. They said that my file had not yet been reviewed and that I should wait to hear from them.

So the moral of this story is that they seem to be disorganized and very late.

hmmm... sluox in the interview invite thread, it shows you had a pritzker interview on 10/25?
anyway, aside from hearing that my MD app is complete (early november), I havent heard word one from those guys.

Members don't see this ad :)
i just got an invitation to interview at uchicago last week. their last two interview dates are during the last two weeks in march. i'm gonna go because i've heard some really good things about both the medical school and the research at uchicago but i'm concerned about my chances this late in the game. i was wondering if anyone can confirm the rumor that uchicago is non-rolling for mstps? that's what it sounds like to me from their website and there's no postings for uchicago on the "acceptances" thread yet. has anyone who has interviewed there gotten an acceptance yet? thanks!

UChicago is rolling for MSTPs. When I interviewed a month and a half ago, about half of their class was filled. This includes the 12 year old MSTP applicant who is definately going there. This does not include one SDNer who was accepted before interviewing, who turned the offer down. I e-mailed to ask my status, as I was told I would hear about a week after I interviewed, but received no response to my e-mail.

I would go to the interview. It is a pretty nice interview and is all expenses paid, so what do you have to lose? I honestly don't think you will be interviewing for the waitlist.

A quick bit of info for anyone wondering about UChicago. I find their MSTP office is not very good at communicating with applicants, so I just e-mailed Jose about decisions. The response:

> We are finishing up with interviews this week and
> will let you know by the end of next week about
> your status. Cheers, JQ

I interviewed about 2 months ago. Anyone still waiting... Hang in there. I'm not sure if I would go there or not, but I'm not going to think too hard about it until I get an acceptance.