-
CycleTrack and SDN are teaming up to make medical school admissions more transparent and accessible! Read the announcement to learn how we’re supporting the future of CycleTrack’s free application-tracking tools .
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
Pritzker
Started by Zymogen
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Good luck!
I'm still No/No, because they're waiting for my LORs and MCAT scores, so who knows how long it will be.
I've been at No/No forever, and they've had everything for a while now. 😕
I've been at No/No forever, and they've had everything for a while now. 😕
Me too.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I am in the same boat, hope that it doesn't mean an indefinite hold.I've been at No/No forever, and they've had everything for a while now. 😕
All my stuff has been in for awhile with the "No/No" status, just got an e-mail saying my file was complete and under review today. How long did it take between getting the complete e-mail and the dreaded "Yes/No" change for you guys?
So, I changed to yes/no on Friday, and still no email. Based on what I'm hearing, I should expect the worst?
rejection letter is on the way
I got an interview invite from U Chicago on Friday, and my application status is still Yes/No.
Hope this helps .
Good Luck to all 😍
PG
Hope this helps .
Good Luck to all 😍
PG
I got an interview invite from U Chicago on Friday, and my application status is still Yes/No.
Hope this helps .
Good Luck to all 😍
PG
The distinction is, though, that if your status says Yes/No, and you don't receive an interview invite (or an email that says you're on hold) that day or the next day, you're not going to get one.
I just got an email from Pritzker putting me on hold. "Your application has been reviewed by the Committee on Admissions and has been placed on hold for a second review after a greater number of candidates have been screened. The date of this second review cannot be stated with certainty."
Does anyone know if this is like the UC holds in that there's little/no hope or should I still be hopefuly?
Check out this website:
https://secure.bsd.uchicago.edu/pritzker/secure/login.shtml
Also, check out this thread/post:
http://forums.studentdoctor.net/showpost.php?p=4150929&postcount=503
Does anyone know if this is like the UC holds in that there's little/no hope or should I still be hopefuly?
How do you guys look at the status?
Check out this website:
https://secure.bsd.uchicago.edu/pritzker/secure/login.shtml
Also, check out this thread/post:
http://forums.studentdoctor.net/showpost.php?p=4150929&postcount=503
I just got an email from Pritzker putting me on hold. "Your application has been reviewed by the Committee on Admissions and has been placed on hold for a second review after a greater number of candidates have been screened. The date of this second review cannot be stated with certainty."
Does anyone know if this is like the UC holds in that there's little/no hope or should I still be hopefuly?
I got the same hold email today, too, and was also wondering about Pritzker's hold track record. 👎 I'm currently working in a neuro lab and my PI hasn't sent out my LOR yet (waiting for the 3 month mark of being here), so I wonder if it will have any effect on my file. Ah well! I'd say if you have anything similar, might as well send it in, it can't hurt!
to both of us and the other holds!For those of you who got put on hold, did your status change from No/No to Yes/No?
mine is still No/No
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
mine is still No/No
Mine as well. The whole point of a hold is that they're delaying making the final decision about offering you an interview (and ultimately admission), so Yes/No wouldn't make any sense.
This is really confusing - No/No could mean that they haven't processed the application yet, or that they have put you on hold, with only an email differentiating between the two. Why do they need to be so cryptic, making the status page almost meaningless?Mine as well. The whole point of a hold is that they're delaying making the final decision about offering you an interview (and ultimately admission), so Yes/No wouldn't make any sense.
This is really confusing - No/No could mean that they haven't processed the application yet, or that they have put you on hold, with only an email differentiating between the two. Why do they need to be so cryptic, making the status page almost meaningless?
It still tells me more than almost all of the other status pages I check! Most of them just tell me they've received my application. Gee, great.
I looked into Michigan just for curiosity (not applying there for family reasons)... they have "we have given X interview invitations so far and have Y more to give before we're done" right on their admission homepage.
Other schools should take them as an example, and stop keeping us in the dark.
It still tells me more than almost all of the other status pages I check! Most of them just tell me they've received my application. Gee, great.
I looked into Michigan just for curiosity (not applying there for family reasons)... they have "we have given X interview invitations so far and have Y more to give before we're done" right on their admission homepage.
Other schools should take them as an example, and stop keeping us in the dark.
it can't be that hard for pritzker to have a status line with the choices of: complete, under review, hold, invite for interview, rejected...
But watching the the number of remaining interviews dwindle while still waiting for one is not great either!It still tells me more than almost all of the other status pages I check! Most of them just tell me they've received my application. Gee, great.
I looked into Michigan just for curiosity (not applying there for family reasons)... they have "we have given X interview invitations so far and have Y more to give before we're done" right on their admission homepage.
Other schools should take them as an example, and stop keeping us in the dark.
Is the general consensus for Pritzker still that if you do not receive an invite the same day or day after a change to Yes/No, it's a rejection?
Mine just changed to Yes/No this afternoon. Hoping for the best [Gmail-Inbox (1)] but fearing crickets...
Mine just changed to Yes/No this afternoon. Hoping for the best [Gmail-Inbox (1)] but fearing crickets...
Is the general consensus for Pritzker still that if you do not receive an invite the same day or day after a change to Yes/No, it's a rejection?
Mine just changed to Yes/No this afternoon. Hoping for the best [Gmail-Inbox (1)] but fearing crickets...
That seems to be what's happening, although some people got the email the next day.
I was complete 9/6 and still No/No.... Pritzker was the first school I was complete at and since then I've heard from 3 other schools... Hurry up!!!!
Well, I emailed the school and here is what they said
"The Committee on Admissions has now reviewed your application. The Committee has made every effort to give your application a thorough, fair and timely review. Your decision letter will be mailed to you on Friday September 29, 2006.
Thank you for your interest in the Pritzker School of Medicine"
REJECTION. Oh well, I'll be keeping my fingers crossed for Wake
"The Committee on Admissions has now reviewed your application. The Committee has made every effort to give your application a thorough, fair and timely review. Your decision letter will be mailed to you on Friday September 29, 2006.
Thank you for your interest in the Pritzker School of Medicine"
REJECTION. Oh well, I'll be keeping my fingers crossed for Wake
For people on hold at Pritzker:
How long were you complete prior to receiving that hold email? I have been complete for almost a month, still No/No, and not a word from Pritzker since my complete email. I'm starting to wonder what the deal is...
How long were you complete prior to receiving that hold email? I have been complete for almost a month, still No/No, and not a word from Pritzker since my complete email. I'm starting to wonder what the deal is...
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
For people on hold at Pritzker:
How long were you complete prior to receiving that hold email? I have been complete for almost a month, still No/No, and not a word from Pritzker since my complete email. I'm starting to wonder what the deal is...
i was complete july 28 and i was put on hold 8/11
Hi - I just got a complete email from Pritzker the other day, and I am wondering where you go to check your status. I logged into the site where I submitted my secondary but, I cannot find a status page. Thanks.
When your file changes to Yes/No, call and ask, they will tell you if you get an interview or are rejected. I got the Yes/No change last Weds, and didn't get the interview email until Thurs evening...
Hi all - I just wanted to say good luck to all of you...I know the process can be really confusing but definitely call the office of medical education (the OME) and talk to someone if you want an answer. Usually, the e-mails tend to be mass sent unless you e-mail someone specific. Good people to e-mail would be Joni Huff or David Owen....they are the heads of the admission/financial aid dept. of the office. They are really nice and tend to e-mail you back quickly. For those of you still waiting - hang in there! Pritzker is an awesome school and I LOVE it here (and I'm from Cali!). For those of you who believe the Pritzker ship has sailed, keep your chins up - the application process is the most random thing ever. They even made fun of it at Pritzker but putting all of our pictures on a dartboard and throwing darts at us in a video joke on the process. I know it feels like you're drowning but just keep swimming 🙂 And if you have any pritzker questions, feel free to PM me!
Nevermind....
Similar threads
- Replies
- 8
- Views
- 2K
- Replies
- 41
- Views
- 11K
- Replies
- 2
- Views
- 3K