“private loan advisor”

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

J.opt

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
I’m starting to look into the private lender I’m going to use to finance my education and I’m swamped with information. Different lenders, interest rates, indexes, fees, fine print, and all the B.S. involved. Is there something like a “private loan advisor” that knows everything about these loans and with whom I can sit down, tell my situation, and get feedback on which loan is best for me? Is this something a financial advisor may be able to do?

I talked with a couple of lenders today, but I didn't expect them to tell me if the competition has a better loan for me. So far, the best loan I’ve seen is Campus One, from Bank One, but I don’t really know.

Thanks.

p.s. I’m not eligible for federal aid, so I’m stuck with private loans.

Members don't see this ad.

I am looking in to private loans also, the best I have found so far is at www.northstar.org.

heisman32 said:
I am looking in to private loans also, the best I have found so far is at www.northstar.org.
Thanks, I had been looking for that website. I see that they have no fees. What exactly is T.H.E. Repayment Bonus? Do they credit you with a certain percentage of your loan every month? Other than the features mentioned above, is there anything that makes this a good loan?

Are loans based on LIBOR better than the ones based on the Prime Rate?

Thanks.