Private loan sources for med school

Started by blee
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

blee

Senior Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Well, it looks like my wife has finally gotten her fill of work and wants to take care of our baby instead. Can't say that I blame her one bit, but that puts me in a bit of a pickle with respect to financing my education. I think we can get by on maxing out our federal funds, at least this year, but I wonder how things will work out in following years.

Have any non-trads here used private loans to help cover expenses during med school? Any particular lenders to watch for?
 
blee said:
Well, it looks like my wife has finally gotten her fill of work and wants to take care of our baby instead. Can't say that I blame her one bit, but that puts me in a bit of a pickle with respect to financing my education. I think we can get by on maxing out our federal funds, at least this year, but I wonder how things will work out in following years.

Have any non-trads here used private loans to help cover expenses during med school? Any particular lenders to watch for?
I was in your situation. Feel free to PM me if you want to chat.