Private Loans with bad credit?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

boxocrayons

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'll be maxing out the amount I can borrow from the government(189k)
Unfortunately, I made a few mistakes and don't have good credit. Is anyone familiar with a private loan company that will loan a medical student with bad credit enough to cover their last few semesters of school?
Thanks in advance for your replies.

Members don't see this ad.

I am in your shoes. Made a bad investment with real estate and I am stock. I have been accepted to a few schools. I hate to say it but money is becoming an issue. Any options?

I'll be maxing out the amount I can borrow from the government(189k)
Unfortunately, I made a few mistakes and don't have good credit. Is anyone familiar with a private loan company that will loan a medical student with bad credit enough to cover their last few semesters of school?
Thanks in advance for your replies.

I am in your shoes. Made a bad investment with real estate and I am stock. I have been accepted to a few schools. I hate to say it but money is becoming an issue. Any options?

This won't help boxocrayons, but chaicos, you can borrow from the government up to almost 190k and they don't check your credit. Just fill out the FAFSA. After the 190k, I don't know what someone with poor credit would do.

Are you a grad student? If so, you can still get GradPlus loans beyond that $189k. You might also ask your school to see if they can give you preferential status on Perkins loans since you're no longer eligible for Staffords.

How bad is the credit? The credit requirements for GradPlus loans are less stringent than normal loans. However if you have had big problems like defaults or bankruptcy, you'll still need a co-signer.