private loans?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Nolls

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
hello friends

How do I get private loans.I am on H4 visa, (i am not a citizen nor a permnent resident)
are there any other avenues for me to fund my schooling?
like schoolarships? I am applying to a dental school for 2005.
thanks for ur replies.

Members don't see this ad.

Scholarships are few and far between for dental school, especially for foreign students. For most private loans you will likely need a U.S. Citizen or permanent resident to cosign the loan for you (since they will need someone that has a credit history in the United States). Private student loans are available from many, many banks and organizations...just do a google search.

thank you for the information.
Does my co signer have to have any assets or bank balance int he united states?
or good credit history is all thast is needed.
thanks again.

Members don't see this ad :)
Don't think they need any assets, but they would likely need a good credit score. They can check their credit through the internet by any number of services, just do a google search for 'credit score'.

mpp said:
For most private loans you will likely need a U.S. Citizen or permanent resident to cosign the loan for you (since they will need someone that has a credit history in the United States).
What if the foreign student has a good credit history in the U.S.?

J.opt said:
What if the foreign student has a good credit history in the U.S.?

Student loans are generally available to international students who have a US citizen or Perm. Resident as a cosigner. The cosigner must be living and working in the US and have a good credit history. Assets are not that important.

The credit of the international student is not considered - approval is based on the co-signers credit. For details, visit:

International Student Loan Program

FinancialAidOff said:
Student loans are generally available to international students who have a US citizen or Perm. Resident as a cosigner. The cosigner must be living and working in the US and have a good credit history. Assets are not that important.

The credit of the international student is not considered - approval is based on the co-signers credit. For details, visit:

International Student Loan Program