private loans

Started by ruck
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

ruck

Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I'm an international student (Canadian) who will be attending medical school (western) in August. I know that I have to pay my tuition and living expense through private loans. What are some of the best private lenders out there? I contacted the financial aid office and they gave me a list of lenders. However, I'm new to this process and do not have a good understanding of loan terminologies and what not. I would appreciate it if someone could help me out with this. Here is the link to the suggested lenders.

http://www.westernu.edu/xp/edu/financial/preferred_lender.xml
 
I would definitely ask the financial aid people at the school. I know that we have a few international students, so they probably will give you the best advice and what other students are opting for.