private

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

neuroticpremed1999

Reaction score
privacy

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
I mean the final date for initial decisions is only a month away (March 15th) so I would think sooner rather than later if you are going to send one. I dont know much about brown to say if they value LOI's though. Best of luck!

Members don't see this ad :)
I have a few other MD As from other schools if that’s what you’re asking. I’m not sure I understand your question haha. Are you asking if this is my only shot at a Brown A?
He’s asking if you have been accepted anywhere else or are you waiting for replies from other schools or are you on any WLs. Or is Brown your only remaining chance for a MD acceptance?

Reactions: 1 user
Thank you for clarifying! Yes, I have 3 other MD As and 2 DO As. I have heard back from all but 1 of the schools I’ve interviewed at and gotten As from all of them. Brown is my next interview and also my top choice
Oh I thought you had already interviewed. Good luck whenever you do interview.

Just a FYI- most schools don’t value LOIs. There are some “ needy” schools that love to get correspondence from applicants but I really don’t know if Brown is one of those schools. Otherwise I don’t think schools value them at all.

Oh I thought you had already interviewed. Good luck whenever you do interview.

Just a FYI- most schools don’t value LOIs. There are some “ needy” schools that love to get correspondence from applicants but I really don’t know if Brown is one of those schools. Otherwise I don’t think schools value them at all.
Most Admissions Deans consider them to be lies.

Yes, thanks for clarifying to all of us. Focus on your Brown interview first. Let the process run and show your intent with CYMS later on.

I would certainly understand feeling awful if you get an R, but getting an R after you bomb an interview will make you feel really awful. At least you have a lot of A's, so don't go into the interview lacking confidence you can make it into medical school. Don't psych yourself out of a spot in medical school by accepting an imposter syndrome attitude... especially if you hold offers.

I have a few other MD As from other schools if that’s what you’re asking. I’m not sure I understand your question haha. Are you asking if this is my only shot at a Brown A?
As you have multiple A's, do you mind telling your scores. Coming from one with no A's, just WL

Jumping on this thread, how does WashU see post-interview Letters of Intent? I have other acceptances and even a substantial fin aid offer from a T20 (Baylor full tuition), should I mention that I would still be willing to sacrifice those for a seat at WashU? Would that even be a wise choice for me to do so?