Probabilty practice

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Maygyver

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Does anyone know a website that has some pretty simple DAT-like probability problem sets?

Members don't see this ad.

why don't you try the math section of the destroyer, it has a bunch!

Yeah, I've gone through them all, I was just hoping for a place with a bunch of permutation/combination stuff because I'm still having trouble figuring out when to use what and it's too easy to go back over problems that I already figured out which one to use.

Here is a simple rule that always helps me with simple probabilities.

The probability of event A AND event B happening (you need to multiply)

The probability of event A OR event B happening (you need to add)

Members don't see this ad :)
Here is a simple rule that always helps me with simple probabilities.

The probability of event A AND event B happening (you need to multiply)

The probability of event A OR event B happening (you need to add)

What about for permutations/combinations? Is just knowing that when order matters you do n!/k!(n-k)! and when order doesn't matter you use n!/(n-k)! enough do you think?

What about for permutations/combinations? Is just knowing that when order matters you do n!/k!(n-k)! and when order doesn't matter you use n!/(n-k)! enough do you think?

For me personally, most of my DAT questions were of the simple "AND" / "OR" types. I think I had only 1 (or 2) that had to do with ordering, and I remember the first thing I did when I read it was I picked B and moved on to the next question...did not wanna waste time and still end up not getting it right

For me personally, most of my DAT questions were of the simple "AND" / "OR" types. I think I had only 1 (or 2) that had to do with ordering, and I remember the first thing I did when I read it was I picked B and moved on to the next question...did not wanna waste time and still end up not getting it right

Sounds good. Thanks!:thumbup: