Problem with GPA calculations with AADSAS

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Nasem

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
How exactly does AADSAS calculate GPA?

My under grad college was based on a A/B/C/D scale and I was able to esscape with a whopper of a 3.01 (sarcasm)

If AADSAS applies the 4.0-1.0 scale, woun't that screw me up? isn't that gonna drop my GPA to ALOT lower

Members don't see this ad.

How exactly does AADSAS calculate GPA?

My under grad college was based on a A/B/C/D scale and I was able to esscape with a whopper of a 3.01 (sarcasm)

If AADSAS applies the 4.0-1.0 scale, woun't that screw me up? isn't that gonna drop my GPA to ALOT lower

There are two sets of GPA's, one "with" and one "without". The "with" GPA calculates your grades with - and + where an A- is a 3.7 or so, B+ is 3.3, etc. The "without" GPA is obvi with no - or +, so they take any - grades and make them into the next whole letter grade- an A- here would turn into an A which would be a 4.0, and a B+ would be brought down to a B which would be a 3.0

Hope that helps.

Oh man. I might be scrwed then lol

My school was the A, A-, B+, B, B- type.
My college transcript says "GPA 3.01"
But if they apply the "with" (+ or -), I think its gonna drop it down significantly :(

Members don't see this ad :)
Oh man. I might be scrwed then lol

My school was the A, A-, B+, B, B- type.
My college transcript says "GPA 3.01"
But if they apply the "with" (+ or -), I think its gonna drop it down significantly :(

Well if your college used -'s and +'s then your "with" GPA should be relatively close to what it is on your transcript. But your "without" GPA will probably be different, depending on the relative amount of -'s and +'s you have.

Well if your college used -'s and +'s then your "with" GPA should be relatively close to what it is on your transcript. But your "without" GPA will probably be different, depending on the relative amount of -'s and +'s you have.

whats the point of doing that? they're going to have 2 sets of cGPA, sGPA and bcpGPA...you'd think that would only make things more complicated on their part

whats the point of doing that? they're going to have 2 sets of cGPA, sGPA and bcpGPA...you'd think that would only make things more complicated on their part

Yup, there are two sets of GPA's. I guess the point is that some schools dont use the -/+ system--in order to "level the field" a little bit, they calculate with and without GPA's for everyone. I heard from a little birdie that certain schools look at with GPA's and certain schools look at without GPA's.

My school uses a point scale so does that stay the same when I have to enter my grades on AADSAS? Also, I did a few pre-req classes at a CC when I went home for the summers to save money and so I could graduate on time. Do those grades from CC get calculated into the overall science GPA or are those grades scaled down to be more "equivalent" to a 4-year University's? Thanks.

My school uses a point scale so does that stay the same when I have to enter my grades on AADSAS? Also, I did a few pre-req classes at a CC when I went home for the summers to save money and so I could graduate on time. Do those grades from CC get calculated into the overall science GPA or are those grades scaled down to be more "equivalent" to a 4-year University's? Thanks.

Point scale? Clarify.

As for your CC grades, all classes taken at any school are calculated together into BCP,Science,NonSci,and Overall GPA's by AADSAS.

fancymylotus...point scale as in 0.0 to 4.0 and not letter grades

btw, i'm new to SDN, how do i do i insert quotes like you did?

fancymylotus...point scale as in 0.0 to 4.0 and not letter grades

btw, i'm new to SDN, how do i do i insert quotes like you did?

hit the quote button in the lower-right corner of the post you are replying to. this may or may not be an option only available once you have a certain number of posts. so are grades at your school only give as 4 3 2 1 0 or 3.7 3.3 as well?

0.0 - 4.0 and everything in between ie 2.7, 3.3, 3.7 etc

With/Without seems ******ed. I have a bunch of B+s which are going to be brought down to a 3.0 instead of a more-deserving 3.3 ?

Everyone knows the difference between an A- and a B+ is little (yet 4.0 vs 3.0?). However, the difference between a B+ and B- is huge (3.0 and 3.0). sigh.

(by difference I mean the amt of work put into the course)

AADSAS GPAs go down versus the school transcript GPA for every applicant. Don't panic yet, just continue to do well in your classes and you'll be fine. A strong DAT can close the gap on a low GPA. Plus, your overall application needs to be strong as well.

Supposedly it's all equalizing, but I had 2 years at a school with + and - grading and now I'm at a shcool with + grading only. When AADSAS calculted my grades they used both systems depending on the school, so I always laugh when someone askes me my GPA and say I don't know.

AADSAS GPAs go down versus the school transcript GPA for every applicant. Don't panic yet, just continue to do well in your classes and you'll be fine. A strong DAT can close the gap on a low GPA. Plus, your overall application needs to be strong as well.

I had a lot of minuses, so my AADSAS GPA was actually higher than my transcript GPA. My transcript said a 3.14 and AADSAS calculated it as a 3.28. Getting that A- instead of a B+ can do alot for you.

Do they calculate your math into your science GPA. I got a D in a algebra class at a CC. But I took precalculus and got a B and took brief calculus at the university( got an A). Will these just count toward my overall GPA? If they do I hope they don't count basic Algebra.