• Funniest Story on the Job Contest Starts Now!

Contest starts now and ends September 27th. Winner will receive a special user banner and $10 Amazon Gift card!

JOIN NOW
  • Site Updates Coming Next Week

Site updates are coming next week on Monday, Wednesday, and Friday. Click the button below to learn more!

LEARN MORE

Problem with topscore !!

Mo007

Gifted Hands
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Aug 24, 2003
Columbus, OH
Originally posted by UFStudent
Having a problem with topscore.

When I try to set up a test, it says:

"Can't communicate with the OLE server ... (blah, blah, blah)"

Did anyone ever run into this problem?

Please help.

That's really odd - contact scholarware through their website or give them a call - they will fix the problem by emailing you a software which re-boots the CD, or they will replace the CD in the worst case.

Good Luck

About the Ads

Literati81

Poor Nerd
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Feb 17, 2004
Los Angeles, CA
  1. Dental Student
Is the script block functional in computers without Norton AntiVirus? Here's my weird story. A couple of days ago, I took a Topscore exam. Everything was fine. Today, I opened up Topscore to review my missed questions (on the same computer) and half of the questions and 80% of the answers were missing! I went to the scholarware website and it said it may be due to Norton's script block.

The problem? I don't have Norton Antivirus 7.0 (I know, I'm a dork). I removed it a while ago. I do have Norton Firewall (I can't find a script block option for firewall). Thinking it was probably my computer, I went to 2 different computers. One with Norton Antivirus + Firewall, the other with absolutely no protection. Both produced the same results--the exams either didn't have a question or an answer.

I e-mailed scholarware and tried to contact Norton. Norton gave me the 30 minute wait (I just hung up) and scholarware doesn't even have a phone number. I did fill out a "support" form...and feel that they may not respond quickly.

If any of you have suggestions, please feel free to post. Thanks!

This thread is more than 17 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.