Problem with topscore !!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

UFStudent

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Having a problem with topscore.

When I try to set up a test, it says:

"Can't communicate with the OLE server ... (blah, blah, blah)"

Did anyone ever run into this problem?

Please help.

Members don't see this ad.

No one has responded yet. Hopefully you've solved your problem by now, but if not, then I'd suggest you 1) reinstall it (not like that has ever worked for me) or 2) call Scholarware tech support.

Originally posted by UFStudent
Having a problem with topscore.

When I try to set up a test, it says:

"Can't communicate with the OLE server ... (blah, blah, blah)"

Did anyone ever run into this problem?

Please help.

That's really odd - contact scholarware through their website or give them a call - they will fix the problem by emailing you a software which re-boots the CD, or they will replace the CD in the worst case.

Good Luck

Problem solved!

Norton antivirus is to blame. You need to disable script function.

TS works now!

Members don't see this ad :)
Is the script block functional in computers without Norton AntiVirus? Here's my weird story. A couple of days ago, I took a Topscore exam. Everything was fine. Today, I opened up Topscore to review my missed questions (on the same computer) and half of the questions and 80% of the answers were missing! I went to the scholarware website and it said it may be due to Norton's script block.

The problem? I don't have Norton Antivirus 7.0 (I know, I'm a dork). I removed it a while ago. I do have Norton Firewall (I can't find a script block option for firewall). Thinking it was probably my computer, I went to 2 different computers. One with Norton Antivirus + Firewall, the other with absolutely no protection. Both produced the same results--the exams either didn't have a question or an answer.

I e-mailed scholarware and tried to contact Norton. Norton gave me the 30 minute wait (I just hung up) and scholarware doesn't even have a phone number. I did fill out a "support" form...and feel that they may not respond quickly.

If any of you have suggestions, please feel free to post. Thanks!

whoops, forgot to add a question...

If Norton Firewall (not AntiVirus) is to blame, could someone explain how I would disable the script block? Thanks!

Literati81 said:
whoops, forgot to add a question...

If Norton Firewall (not AntiVirus) is to blame, could someone explain how I would disable the script block? Thanks!

open norton antivirus and uncheck where it says script blocking. thats it

I don't have Antivirus. I uninstalled after the trial period expired. I do have Firewall on my computer but there is no script block option. In any case, I think only Norton Antivirus should be the problem (as indicated by scholarware).

In any case, thanks for your reply! :)