Problem

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

lastmanalive

15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi,
I just tanked my MCATs, I got 27 a point lower from last time. Its doesn't make sense, I was doing better on practice tests. I don't what to do, should I not apply. I already sent my AMCAS in August, it has been transmitted but not verified. I sent out few secondaries already. I have a 3.7 overall 3.6. I went to UCI for two years and then to Berkeley. What should I do, should I withdraw and head for Carribeans or take this damn thing again?
Please help.

Members don't see this ad.

your score is fine if it is balanced and if the rest of our application is very strong.

some schools to consider:

Tufts, George Washington, Finch, Drexel, Penn State, St. Louis, Loyola, Howard, Boston, NYMC, Albany.

good luck!

I got 7V/10PS/10BS. I have done couple of research no publications. Opened a chapter of a club, did volunteer at 3 three places. Worked at two jobs. Since, I already sent out an application, can I only withdraw from few schools and not others. What do you think?

Members don't see this ad :)
You should give it a try. Your GPA is better than fine (esp coming from Berkeley!), and 27 is not that low. Apply to lots of schools where you are competitive in terms of stats, and make sure those secondary essays shine!! :)

LastManAlive... I have a very similar score to you: 7,10,10,Q
I decided to get verbal rescored... because I was certain that I did o.k after the exam... I was scoring 9's and 10's on the practice tests hmmmmm

get it rescored thats my advice...

I know some people who got in with a 7 in verbal actually.... but everything else was steller

I was doing much better on my practice. I was getting ususally above 32 and sometimes even 35. I am kind of disappointed, so I guess, I will write to them. Thanks for your advice. Should, I second in my secondaries now or should I wait for my verbal scores.