problems getting LOR from DO

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Bevo

Radiology, R1
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
I have a DO who said he would write me a LOR for my schools back in August but he still hasn't written it, its now the last thing in my applications which is not complete for the most part. Ive got my secondaries to finish filling out, but my essays are written out for them, just need the time to do it and my pre-health LORs are all supposed to be sent by the end of teh week.

What can do I about my DO LOR? Its too late to find another DO, although I have been trying in vain for the past couple months. Got ignored or rejected by everyone I have called.

Members don't see this ad.

Gosh, Im sorry to hear that you DO hasnt sent in you letter yet...I would be very upset. I would probably just call him up and tell him that the deadline in next monday....remind him you have given him so many months to do it and hopeuflly that will make him do it.

i emailed him since I didn't have his phone number handy, wrote a LOR for myself if he wants to use it as a guidline(one of my science professors wanted it). Told him I would mail him some pre-addressed evelopes and what not.

Im at the point that I might have my father hunt him down since my father works with him at times when he does his rounds.

i also noticed when I emailed him that my address book had his name as John and its James.

Members don't see this ad :)
You might also keep in mind that a letter from an MD who knows you well (and cares about writing the letter for you) could be better than a DO who doesn't seem as concerned about getting your letter sent in a timely manner. Although most schools say they want a DO letter, I was accepted to more than one school and my letter was written by an MD that I know very well. The pre-addressed/stamped letters are a good idea. You might also call and ask him if you can stop by and pick them up and offer to mail them for him and ask if this afternoon or tomorrow would be okay. (that way, you look like you are only trying to be helpful, not pushy. )

As a last resort--do you know any other docs that might be able to help you out?

Good luck,
Z

he said he sent them yesterday!