problems. I need answers.

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

pjz0001

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I need some advice.

ok, so I attended Baylor from 1999-2004. I had a HORRIBLE GPA at Baylor. I had a 2.3 there with ~130 hours taken. :scared: :( Most of my grades that pulled me down were madatory religion and liberal arts class. I had dabbled in the idea of pre-med there but never completed half of the courses there.

I have currently been doing post bac work since 2004 at University of North Texas and have a GPA there of 3.8 with over 58 hours done.

I have been working as a psychiatric case manager and have ALOT of experience as far as clinican experience. Exactly 3 years.

I am taking my MCAT on May 31st and am enrolled in a Kaplan Course.

I am a disatvantaed URM as well.

What are my chances? I need honest opinions here.

I have been going to UNT since

Members don't see this ad.

sic 'em!

well you have a strong post-bac performance, good clinical experience.. might come down to your MCAT and where you apply

i wouldn't be too worried at this point. get the MCAT scores first

You're right. That is a problem. And you do need answers. The other problem is, that I have no clue how to answer you, and I doubt you'll get any good answers here. Most of us have no idea, we don't know how we got in, we don't know why we didn't get in, we don't know why we're waitlisted, so we sure as hell don't know what's going to happen to you. I'd say you should go to a premed advisor/counselor and talk to them. I would hope for your case that if you didn't take science classes at Baylor that they'll look more heavily at your postbacc, but I don't know. Have you calculated your BCMP and Cum. GPA? What would those be? Maybe looked at in that light they wouldn't be that bad. Again, I don't know. But good luck.

as a urm you always have a good shot....if you do really well on the MCAT i would say your in great shape...although i woudl recomend applying broadly and including OOS schools