Problems with Board Simulator Series CD-ROM

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Discobolus

Dutch-American
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Maybe someone can give me some advice on how to fix this?

I do questions and then close out the program expecting the questions I've already done not to be available again. The next time I open the program it says all 3850 questions available. How am I supposed to get through all the questions like this?

I uninstalled and then reinstalled the program and now on the study options menu it doesn't even say how many questions are available, total or by discipline/system, it just went missing?

Any ideas?

Members don't see this ad.

Had the same problem. I saw questions I did again and again. I didn't fix it. I guess if you come over the same question again do them for reinforcement. If you can't fix it, I guess you'd have to do all the questions in one sitting +pissed+ . It might be a flaw in the program. Anyone else know?

Samoa said:
Use the books instead.

I actually bought that piece of **** for crying out loud. I cannot do anything from where I am, unfortunately. "Use the book instead"... veeery smart. I want to be able to use the product I paid for, damn it :mad:

Why is this so hard for these top banana publishers to hire some REAL software designers for a change? I know American ones charge ludicrous fees, but they must have heard about outsourcing, right?...

Members don't see this ad :)
Well I guess that is what I get for using pirated software. At least I didn't pay for it. I don't mind coughing up the money and buying the books, but I was planning on working the questions by discipline and that is so much easier with the computer version, not to mention good practice for the real thing.

Discobolus said:
Well I guess that is what I get for using pirated software. At least I didn't pay for it. I don't mind coughing up the money and buying the books, but I was planning on working the questions by discipline and that is so much easier with the computer version, not to mention good practice for the real thing.

If you want to do them by discipline there is a way to do all those in one discipline. Go into "exam setup" then go into "session option" then uncheck the "use all categories" box. Check which subject you want to do (eg bio chem) then go to the number of questions box and punch some large number like 1000. Then hit "OK" it will say not enough questions but hit "OK" again then it will say would you like to set length to number of question available hit "OK" again. Then you'll get all 413 biochem questions do them all in one sitting or when you wanna stop for a break leave the program running, and put your computor on standby. When you come back you'll still have those questions up and then you can go threw each subject in like manner.

Samoa said:
I'm not having any problem with my copy. It's keeping track of the questions I've seen without any problems.

Those of you who are having problems: when you exit, do you answer no when it asks if you want to continue your work later?

I guess it's my pirated copy that won't keep track, cause I answer yes but it when I return I end up starting all over.

For those of you who did BSS...either on computer or the books...what did you think? do you recommend them?

any method in particular on how to get the most out of these questions? I have approx 10 wks to study for step 1. I would like to do all of them and Q-bank, while i review the basic review books

any correlation between step 1 performance and those individuals who did BSS?

would you recommend reading/going over those question twice? do questions and answers in day...and then re-read the answers at night?

icebreakers said:
For those of you who did BSS...either on computer or the books...what did you think? do you recommend them?

any method in particular on how to get the most out of these questions? I have approx 10 wks to study for step 1. I would like to do all of them and Q-bank, while i review the basic review books

any correlation between step 1 performance and those individuals who did BSS?

would you recommend reading/going over those question twice? do questions and answers in day...and then re-read the answers at night?

I suggest doing them after Qbook and Qbank. Do these 2 sources before attempting BSS. Don't get me wrong the BSS Qs are good, but Qbank is better.
And I don't recommend going over any of the BSS Qs over again. once is enough. I mainly used BSS when I ran out of Qs from Qbook and Qbank.

Berk