procedures

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
this is a perfect example of getting your news from a single (highly questionable source).

1 hr 20 min agoFrance halts use of hydroxychloroquine on Covid-19 patients
From CNN's Pierre Bairin and Sarah Dean

A vendor displays hydroxychloroquine tablets at a pharmacy in Amritsar, India, in April.
A vendor displays hydroxychloroquine tablets at a pharmacy in Amritsar, India, in April. Narinder Nanu/AFP/Getty Images
French doctors have been banned from prescribing hydroxychloroquine to Covid-19 patients, the government ruled Wednesday.
The French Health Ministry revoked its authorization for the drug to be given to those with coronavirus, saying that the scientific data available at present does not provide sufficient “evidence of a benefit” to support its use.
Data considered by France’s High Council for Public Health found evidence to suggest a link between the use of hydroxychloroquine and “cardiac toxicity,” particularly when used in combination with the azithromycin – an antibiotic used to treat chest infection and other types of infection, according to a Health Ministry statement.
It added that the benefits and risks of this treatment may be reassessed in the future, as new data from clinical research emerges.
Some context: The announcement comes after the World Health Organization (WHO) on Monday said it had temporarily halted the study of hydroxychloroquine as a potential Covid-19 treatment in its Solidarity Trial, due to safety concerns.
The WHO’s decision was made after an observational study, published in the medical journal The Lancet on Friday, described how seriously ill Covid-19 patients who were treated with hydroxychloroquine and chloroquine were more likely to die or develop irregular heart rhythms.

This is the first line drug for RA and lupus patients primarily because of how "mild" and safe it is. There are only a few possible explanations for this increase in cardiac toxicity. 1) covid's effects on the heart 2) the additional QT prolonging effects when mixed with azithromycin 3) the drug has become hyper politicized after Trump touted its benefit

Members don't see this ad.

This is the first line drug for RA and lupus patients primarily because of how "mild" and safe it is. There are only a few possible explanations for this increase in cardiac toxicity. 1) covid's effects on the heart 2) the additional QT prolonging effects when mixed with azithromycin 3) the drug has become hyper politicized after Trump touted its benefit

the safety of the drug is not the issue. the EFFICACY is the issue. we could accept some of the side effects if it works. but it doesnt.

you seem to have trouble accept the fact that this is a BS drug for Covid-19 in light of some pretty overwhelming and compelling data. why is that?

Reactions: 1 users
I quoted exactly what he said and it’s absurd.
absolutely not. I stated that economic hardship itself can be mitigated by government policy - ie PPP, loan programs, unemployment benefits, tax relief, ie actions to support the individual because of the public health emergency.

Members don't see this ad :)
for patients with RA, or lupus, the relative safety is when you compare hydroxychloroquine to other drugs used for these conditions. yes, I would preferentially take hydroxychloroquine over methotrexate, cyclosporine, Cellcept, prednisone, narcotics.....

absolutely not. I stated that economic hardship itself can be mitigated by government policy - ie PPP, loan programs, unemployment benefits, tax relief, ie actions to support the individual because of the public health emergency.

Absolutely not. You said "should have been" which is an absurd statement given the powers that governors have on their states. If governors shut down commerce the federal government can do nothing about it. Your quote is below since you've forgotten and/or didn't look.

economic hardship should have been mitigated by government policy, except the fed government actions were weak and inefficient - on all fronts: with lack of early action, lack of travel restrictions from EUROPE, lack of PPE (due to poor resupply because of Tea Party blocking Obama's attempts to resupply the National Stockpile) and inadequate steps to procure more PPE after it became obvious there wasn't enough, and lack of testing.

Reactions: 1 user
Absolutely not. You said "should have been" which is an absurd statement given the powers that governors have on their states. If governors shut down commerce the federal government can do nothing about it. Your quote is below since you've forgotten and/or didn't look.
again you completely miss the point.

economic hardship should have been mitigated by government policy, - I am not sure where you are assuming that that meant that the feds can stop the local government shutdowns. there is nothing in that statement that makes that connection.

again you completely miss the point.

economic hardship should have been mitigated by government policy, - I am not sure where you are assuming that that meant that the feds can stop the local government shutdowns. there is nothing in that statement that makes that connection.

I didn't miss anything. Your quote from the other day was talking about ONLY the federal government's actions--that means blaming Trump in your world--that did not mitigate the economic hardship. See where your words are in bold? You list federal actions.

economic hardship should have been mitigated by government policy, except the fed government actions were weak and inefficient - on all fronts: with lack of early action, lack of travel restrictions from EUROPE, lack of PPE (due to poor resupply because of Tea Party blocking Obama's attempts to resupply the National Stockpile) and inadequate steps to procure more PPE after it became obvious there wasn't enough, and lack of testing.

My response is that the feds cannot stop the actions of governors so your entire statement was absurd. Get it? Did you notice this morning I typed that the federal government cannot do anything to mitigate hardship brought on my the actions of governors? I take your earlier quote to mean that federal government policy should have reduced the economic hardship produced by governors because that's what your post says. Is that something that you no longer feel to be true?

If anyone is missing anything its you missing the obvious. But if you to keep claiming you typed something you didn't, go right ahead.

I am not asking or saying that the feds should stop local actions.
My response is that the feds cannot stop the actions of governors so your entire statement was absurd. Get it? Did you notice this morning I typed that the federal government cannot do anything to mitigate hardship brought on my the actions of governors? I take your earlier quote to mean that federal government policy should have reduced the economic hardship produced by governors because that's what your post says. Is that something that you no longer feel to be true?

If anyone is missing anything its you missing the obvious. But if you to keep claiming you typed something you didn't, go right ahead.
um....

are you attempting to gaslight me?
the ways the feds can - and have - done to mitigate hardship due to public health emergency:

1. unemployment benefits.
2. personal loans
3. payments directly
4. loan forgiveness
5. defer taxes
6. food assistance
7. paid sick leave
8. another coronavirus relief bill with more $$

I'm saying that what the fed did was not well implemented, and more could have been done and can be done for the individual.

yes, it is possible to present various aspects of data to skew to justify your position.

case in point, Alabama. doing well! few positive tests! few tests done overall!

Johns Hopkins has a page devoted to whether certain states are testing adequately. states such as Alabama, Georgia, Oregon, are probably not doing sufficient number of tests or are only testing the very sickest people.

of course, death is a definitive marker, but even then there are skewing of results (see Florida not reporting non-resident deaths)

the johns Hopkins site is supposedly the go to place. the positivity rate data is interesting...

Sounds like Johns Hopkins is recommending vacationing to Burundi , based on their world covid fatality data. I’m going to book my trip ASAP...

yes, it is possible to present various aspects of data to skew to justify your position.

case in point, Alabama. doing well! few positive tests! few tests done overall!

Johns Hopkins has a page devoted to whether certain states are testing adequately. states such as Alabama, Georgia, Oregon, are probably not doing sufficient number of tests or are only testing the very sickest people.

of course, death is a definitive marker, but even then there are skewing of results (see Florida not reporting non-resident deaths)

the johns Hopkins site is supposedly the go to place. the positivity rate data is interesting...

Nice site

Members don't see this ad :)
Something tells me Regenexx shouldn't be a real source for covid related issues

$ome $uckers $ell $hady $tem $ells by the $ea $hore

$tem$ell$$ cure covid.

@lonelobo @hyperalgesia

"The Cleveland Clinic is among 15 health systems across the U.S. participating in a clinical trial that will study whether mesenchymal stromal cells could help treat coronavirus patients with acute respiratory distress syndrome, or ARDS. Mesenchymal stromal cells, or MSCs, are taken from tissue such as healthy adult bone marrow. They have the capacity to self-renew and develop into several cell types, so some scientists believe they offer intriguing possibilities for treating patients."

@lonelobo @hyperalgesia

"The Cleveland Clinic is among 15 health systems across the U.S. participating in a clinical trial that will study whether mesenchymal stromal cells could help treat coronavirus patients with acute respiratory distress syndrome, or ARDS. Mesenchymal stromal cells, or MSCs, are taken from tissue such as healthy adult bone marrow. They have the capacity to self-renew and develop into several cell types, so some scientists believe they offer intriguing possibilities for treating patients."

we can BARELY get it working for knees and tendons. maybe now isnt the best time to dabble with exotic viruses we barely understand

In your hands, which patients do the best?

you cannot stay on topic. this is the third time you have been put in your place and then pivoted. if you want to have a grown up discussion on a single topic, lets go. i am not going to follow your studendoctor ADHD.

might i add that you were also on the hydroxychloroquine bandwagon.

you cannot stay on topic. this is the third time you have been put in your place and then pivoted. if you want to have a grown up discussion on a single topic, lets go. i am not going to follow your studendoctor ADHD.

might i add that you were also on the hydroxychloroquine bandwagon.

YOU said it can barely work for arthritis and tendon pathology. I'm asking how YOU select YOUR patients. If you don't have the experience upon which to formulate an answer just say so..."I don't have the experience upon which to formulate an answer."

YOU said it can barely work for arthritis and tendon pathology. I'm asking how YOU select YOUR patients. If you don't have the experience upon which to formulate an answer just say so..."I don't have the experience upon which to formulate an answer."

this is a thread about COVID. efficacy of regenerative medicine is not the topic. you want to spread your propaganda, do it in a different thread. for some reason, you want to nitpick about some crap that has been discussed ad nauseum before.