• Pharmacy Job Market Webinar

Are you considering applying to pharmacy school but are concerned about job prospects when you graduate? Join us on Wednesday, July 28th at 8 PM Eastern to hear from three PharmDs about their experiences and options outside of retail pharmacy.

musiclink213

My room is a mess
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Oct 20, 2003
New York
Status (Visible)
  1. Medical Student
Is anyone out there that wants to procrastinate with me? I have an orgo quiz and lab tomorrow, but I just don't want to study. I know i should, but I really don't want to. There's too much to remember,what's a good nucleophile or a good base, what deactivates nucleophilicity, all that stuff, I really don't feel like studying now. So who wants to procrastinate with me?

PROCRASTINATORS UNITE!

TRUE

slacker extraordinaire
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Jan 12, 2004
NYC
www.mdapplicants.com
Status (Visible)
I have an immunology exam tomorrow and I've been procrastinating for the better part of a week. In fact, I went skiing this past weekend too :) Gotta love being a second semester senior...

quideam

Too tired to complain
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Apr 17, 2003
NYC
Status (Visible)
  1. Resident [Any Field]
I'm procrastinating my thesis by constantly checking SDN :). Hockey season just ended this past weekend for me (sob!!), so i'll have some extra time to work, which is going to lead to... MORE PROCRASTINATING!!! Maybe i'll go play some open hockey...

About the Ads

musiclink213

My room is a mess
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Oct 20, 2003
New York
Status (Visible)
  1. Medical Student
Originally posted by quideam
I'm procrastinating my thesis by constantly checking SDN :). Hockey season just ended this past weekend for me (sob!!), so i'll have some extra time to work, which is going to lead to... MORE PROCRASTINATING!!! Maybe i'll go play some open hockey...

that's what summer sports are for. but i feel your pain about not being able to go to the rink every day anymore. lucky for me, i have until april. Although i don't play hockey (figure skating) but the end of the skating season means the beginning of the soccer season (yay!) although i can't play this year :( and i missed the intramural deadline in school, so this year i will be soccerless. but you live in jersey, take the train into manhattan, go to chelsea piers, it's open every day. i used to go their all the time in the summer after working in the hospital. so fun.

quideam

Too tired to complain
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Apr 17, 2003
NYC
Status (Visible)
  1. Resident [Any Field]
Figure skating is awesome... I used to do it, up until about 9th grade... then took off some years until I started hockey in college. I'm actually planning on possibly playing in a spring league... it's only $225, and it goes from April 2 - July 2. The only thing is, i'm going on vacation, so I would have to miss the last few weeks... but I think i'm going to do it anyway. Unfortunately, it's co-ed, so the guys can be a little rough/stuck-up if you know what I mean... but it's better than not playing at all. Then after that, I guess it would be back to open hockey...

I'm actually really concerned about next year... I know that i'm gonig to be really busy and everything, but I would really like to keep playing... I almost definetely am not going to have time to be in a league, but maybe i'll have time for the occasional open hockey game? At least I hope so... my top choices happen to be schools that have hockey rinks nearby :).

alexPDX

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Dec 3, 2003
Portland, OR
Status (Visible)
I have about eight books to read on antibiotic-resistant bacteria, for a paper I have to write, but after the fifth tome I find it really hard to keep procrastination at bay. Something weird is happening though. Lately, every time I sleep in as a result of procrastinating, I have these really weird and unpleasant dreams. I guess my subconscious is trying to condition me against sleeping in. Of course, SDN is a good alternative for procrastinating. I hope my laptop won?t start shocking me every time I log on to SDN, in an attempt to get me back to my books.

TheFlash

Playtime Is Over
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Oct 20, 2003
The City of Blinding Lights
Status (Visible)
Speaking of procrastination, anyone wanna rally with me on the tennis court so I can further delay studying for the night? We've been having some temperate weather lately. :)

jlee9531

J,A,S
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Nov 25, 2002
CA
fantasysports.yahoo.com
Status (Visible)
  1. Attending Physician
Originally posted by TheFlash
Speaking of procrastination, anyone wanna rally with me on the tennis court so I can further delay studying for the night? We've been having some temperate weather lately. :)

dude if you were here in socal...i would be out there on the courts with you right now. youd see my unorthodox 2 handed forehand....(this is what happens when you try and learn without any lessons...you copy what monica seles does haha)

IrishOarsman

My Rx: Guiness
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Mar 4, 2003
Chicago
Status (Visible)
That's it! When you're so damn addicted to being distracted / feeding the senioritis monkey that you post on the "procrastinate with me" thread...

I'm pulling the plug. :mad:

ps (self criticism, continue as before all :D )

quideam

Too tired to complain
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Apr 17, 2003
NYC
Status (Visible)
  1. Resident [Any Field]
Originally posted by jlee9531
wow...could you do the jumps and everything??

Yeah, back in the day I could do some jumps (I was shaky on axels, but I was a pro at waltz jumps... still fun though); I could spin, etc. Now I have a big stick that I hit people with while on the ice :). Much more fun, I have to say!! :D :D

enigmata

mind artist
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Oct 22, 2002
Status (Visible)
feeding the need...:D

art history paper due tom and i haven't even started...been procrastinating for 7 hours! senior lethargy at its best!! LOL. ;)

lazyman

15+ Year Member
Sep 19, 2003
Status (Visible)
I have an orgo chem 2 test tomorrow. I hate this crap. We have a new professor and no one knows how he is going to grade or setup this exam.

musiclink213

My room is a mess
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Oct 20, 2003
New York
Status (Visible)
  1. Medical Student
Originally posted by quideam
Yeah, back in the day I could do some jumps (I was shaky on axels, but I was a pro at waltz jumps... still fun though); I could spin, etc. Now I have a big stick that I hit people with while on the ice :). Much more fun, I have to say!! :D :D
\

i always wanted to play hockey because i was a daddy's girl when i was little, and my dad taught me to skate on hockey skates, and my dad used to play hockey on the frozen ponds in russia, but my mom wouldn't let me, saying it's too dangerous. the only way i get to the rink is through figure skating.i did that a number of years, before i blew out my knee and i was told that if i did a move incorrectly, i could have some permanent damage, so i had to stop. :( but i did keep playing soccer. cant rid me of all my vices.

now all i need is good weather and i can go out and play with my friends, but it's not coming. there's actually an ice rink within looong walking distance of my school, but the ice is really really bad. oh well. that's what weekends are for.

i like how i'm feeding my own thread. i have class in half an hour, and i'm still in my pajamas. i still need to wash dishes, and pack my bag, but what am i doing instead? delaying the inevitable by posting on SDN.

Chrisobean

The Killer Bean
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Dec 17, 2003
trying to get some sleep
Status (Visible)
count me in for some hockey! god i havent played since high school... time to dust off that stick!
i am pretty crappy tho... i made the boys varsity team way back when, but they were worse than me :)
my shining moment was laying out this 6'3 d*ick head at center ice! when you cant stop, hit :thumbup:

fullefect1

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Feb 23, 2003
Mass
Status (Visible)
I procrastinated my A and P test and i ended up getting a 74:rolleyes: I am now beginning to read the book every day, and remember ever sentence of the book. Thank god he drops the lowest test grade. I defently shouldn't have rushed my answers either.

musiclink213

My room is a mess
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Oct 20, 2003
New York
Status (Visible)
  1. Medical Student
i have class in a few hours, i have to read this article for my mass media class, and find a stereotypical advertisement. and all i'm thinking about is hte chocolate chip pancakes htat i'm having on saturday.

TheFlash

Playtime Is Over
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Oct 20, 2003
The City of Blinding Lights
Status (Visible)
Originally posted by jlee9531
dude if you were here in socal...i would be out there on the courts with you right now. youd see my unorthodox 2 handed forehand....(this is what happens when you try and learn without any lessons...you copy what monica seles does haha)

Haha, nice! I actually used to have a two-handed forehand as well, but then later switched to one hand. Maybe if I ever get around to UCD next year, I'll ring ya up. :)

Tiki

Girl named after a Giant
15+ Year Member
Jan 6, 2004
East Coast
Status (Visible)
  1. Attending Physician
I have an art history paper to write that I really don't feel like writing.

I have senioritis. And I don't want to have it, because I still care about my GPA but I just can't help it.

BubbleBobble

Where's the "any" key?
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Nov 23, 2003
Seattle, WA
Status (Visible)
Originally posted by musiclink213
Is anyone out there that wants to procrastinate with me? I have an orgo quiz and lab tomorrow, but I just don't want to study. I know i should, but I really don't want to. There's too much to remember,what's a good nucleophile or a good base, what deactivates nucleophilicity, all that stuff, I really don't feel like studying now. So who wants to procrastinate with me?

PROCRASTINATORS UNITE!

Eh....maybe tomorrow. ;)

About the Ads
This thread is more than 17 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.