Other OT-Related Information Productivity...

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

beestrng

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
What is your productivity % at your place/fieldwork?

Mine is 85%.

Members don't see this ad.

First FW was outpatient adult and 100% productivity. It was stupid. Therapists got off the clock when a patient canceled. My OT was very close most of the time, but also was very seasoned and didn't really feel too much pressure to push productivity. She also was in charge of all of her scheduling which took almost a whole unit of a session to do! I also heard that the acute side of this facility had 100% productivity too, which does not make sense to me.

Second FW was acute and 7 units a day was the minimum. Pretty low but the therapists also often got 9-12 units. Productivity was reviewed monthly and wasn't really a priority while their quality and family feedback ratings were really emphasized.

Reactions: 1 user
Wow 100%. Is that typical? Never been in outpatient (only hands).
First FW was outpatient adult and 100% productivity. It was stupid. Therapists got off the clock when a patient canceled. My OT was very close most of the time, but also was very seasoned and didn't really feel too much pressure to push productivity. She also was in charge of all of her scheduling which took almost a whole unit of a session to do! I also heard that the acute side of this facility had 100% productivity too, which does not make sense to me.

Second FW was acute and 7 units a day was the minimum. Pretty low but the therapists also often got 9-12 units. Productivity was reviewed monthly and wasn't really a priority while their quality and family feedback ratings were really emphasized.

Members don't see this ad :)
Wow 100%. Is that typical? Never been in outpatient (only hands).

This was at a hands OT OP. Part of me feels like it makes sense - you can easily do point of service documentation unless you're splinting. The facility was funded by a hospital so they could take as many Medicare and Medicaid patients as they wanted, which I thought was important. But on the other hand I did not like that the therapists felt like they had to get off the clock for every cancellation especially since they are completely in charge of their schedule including rescheduling!

Reactions: 1 user
What is your productivity % at your place/fieldwork?

Mine is 85%.
My first fw II placement was 75% for inpatient rehab which I thought was pretty reasonable. My second one was in schools so nothing really set. I work in early intervention now and it's about 4.5 billable hours per day, meaning I'm supposed to see between four and five children a day. It's very manageable, although definitely lower because it takes into account travel time between houses.