Dismiss Notice
Hey Texans—join us for a DFW meetup! Click here to learn more.

professional advise

Discussion in 'PM&R' started by appollo7927, May 9, 2007.

1. appollo7927

Medical Student
    Hope everyone is getting some time to enjoy this good weather. I wanted to know what programs in PMR are the best suited for an interest in disorders of the spine. I am really interested in this area in particular. Is it necessary to get a fellowship in interventional spine or pain to work in the area of spine pain management and rehab? My grades and step 1 score in med school are less than average. How badly will this academic performance affect me? Is there anything I can do to improve my competetiveness such as research?

I was also interested in doing research on spondyloarthropathies. Does it matter that the research was done under an ortho surgeon?

one last question.....what are some programs that are not so competetive but would enable me to receive really good training in treating patients with spondyloarthropathies and other arthritic conditions?

thanks for your time and help.

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. Ligament

Ligament Interventional Pain Management
    Physician Lifetime Donor SDN Advisor Classifieds Approved 10+ Year Member

Attending Physician
    University of Michigan without a doubt. Plenty of posts on here explaining why.

4. appollo7927

Medical Student
    Thanks ligament. i found some helpful info searching the forum. going to do a few electives in pmr to learn more about it.

5. TUCOMSam

TUCOMSam Junior Member
    5+ Year Member

Attending Physician

LOL! THat was a short and sweet answer to the OP! ;) I don't think people know how to search for answers to questions anymore... hope I wasn't like that after my 4th post... but, alas, I'm sure I was.

6. WaterAvatar

2+ Year Member

Medical Student
    Hey! So is there a way to search for answers to our probing questions without repeating a previous post?

7. axm397

axm397 SDN Moderator
    Moderator Physician SDN Advisor 15+ Year Member

Attending Physician
    yes - on top of your screen (where it says UserCP, FAQ, etc.) there is one that says "Search". You can use that function to search this forum or sdn in general for specific topics. So you can search for "sports medicine", for example...