Professional memberships

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

GatorEM

MSIV
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm looking into joining an EM professional society such as SAEM, ACEP, etc. and was wondering which would be best to join as a third year medical student interested in applying to EM for the 2009 match. I already searched this topic with little success. Any input would be appreciated.

Members don't see this ad.

I'm looking into joining an EM professional society such as SAEM, ACEP, etc. and was wondering which would be best to join as a third year medical student interested in applying to EM for the 2009 match. I already searched this topic with little success. Any input would be appreciated.

ACEP is the best if you only want to get one. If you join I'd recommend going to the annual meeting in October.

ACEP is the best if you only want to get one. If you join I'd recommend going to the annual meeting in October.

:thumbup:

Ditto, the annual meetings often have med student events that are usually tip top.

Plus by joining ACEP you automatically join EMRA and get a decent little pocketbook "Top Clinical Problems in EM."

FWIW AAEM membership is free for med students for one year, or at least it was when I joined it...