Professional Organizations

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

DownonthePharm

Chillin' n Fillin'
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Are their an professional organizations that would be good to join before I apply to school? Are there any national pre-pharmacy groups? Or should I wait until I start school?
 
Join the "American Journal of Health-System Pharmacy as a student member." They mail you a magazine once a month and keep you up to date of current events. Without joining I don't think I would have been as confident in the interview and I think it impressed one of the interviewers who asked me about a current event and what my view on the event was.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
TDR said:
Join the "American Journal of Health-System Pharmacy as a student member." They mail you a magazine once a month and keep you up to date of current events. Without joining I don't think I would have been as confident in the interview and I think it impressed one of the interviewers who asked me about a current event and what my view on the event was.
Sorry, it's actually the American Society of Health-System Pharmacists. www.ashp.org
I think a membership is $30.00
 
ABout a year ago when I was starting the application process I was looking for the same thing, I couldn't find anything worthwhile so I started my own pre-pharmacy club at school, someone recommended I do that and it really helped. You should do the same if possible......it shows initiative.