professional/practice website

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

TIVAndy

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
what do ppl do when they build their personal professional/practice website. i'm looking into building one but clinical work is too busy to do it myself..

did you guys use a consultant who did everything? - if so how do you update materials if needed?

anyone use wix.com ?

any advice appreciated

Members don't see this ad.

Patientpop.com

They'll do everything in terms of building, upkeep and SEO however comes at a price of $800/month. I used them because every medical office with a website happened that I liked to be from them.

Reactions: 1 user
Patientpop.com

They'll do everything in terms of building, upkeep and SEO however comes at a price of $800/month. I used them because every medical office with a website happened that I liked to be from them.

thanks for the info. this is site is interesting - the price seems quite steep but perhaps worth it? would like to hear your experience

Members don't see this ad :)
thanks for the info. this is site is interesting - the price seems quite steep but perhaps worth it? would like to hear your experience
Quite steep is right.

There are hundreds of website builders, software that makes it easy to build a website with professional templates.

It's worth taking a few days to learn how to do it yourself and never depend on anyone again.

I think one weekend would do it.

If someone else builds the site, you will have a very hard time maintaining it.

OTOH if you build it, you can add/subtract whenever you want.

Patientpop.com

Ouch! I use wix and built it myself. It's easy and it looks pretty good. A few hours of work beats $800/month.

Fiverr is a freelance market for web builders. Freelancer can design a Wix website for you, which you can later edit yourself. Or you can build it yourself and hire a freelancer to make it look more elegant.

Reactions: 1 user
thanks for everyone's suggestion. wix seems simple enough to build a website. patientpop i guess integrates marketing and SEO so it's interesting if it can drive business it maybe worthwhile

Yes, wix is easy and it's kind of fun. You can design it as you'd like or use their templates. I use them for a few of my websites. Whatever you do, don't build it in flash because it won't be supported after 2021. I don't think wix would allow it anyway at this point.

I used patientpop. Cancelled after one year. Kept the blogs, Google ads strategy and copied the website. I had improvements in number of privately insured patients and google ads metrics. It was worth the cost for the one year.

thanks for everyone's suggestion. wix seems simple enough to build a website. patientpop i guess integrates marketing and SEO so it's interesting if it can drive business it maybe worthwhile
Patients I got from search engines were generally not patients I wanted. Just something to keep in mind - we have a very unique business in that way.

Reactions: 1 users
Patients I got from search engines were generally not patients I wanted. Just something to keep in mind - we have a very unique business in that way.
I think that depends on your search terms. You want your business to show up at the top of the local listings and Google map results when people search for “back pain”, “radiofrequency ablation”, “spinal cord stimulator”, etc, but not “pain management.”

Reactions: 1 users
When I wanted to build my own site, I was very specific because I really wanted to have a good one that is very easy to access, since the target was old people who aren't very good at technology. I also showed them how to design UX-optimized buttons and the location of some important things of the site. I like my site and the patients I got from search engines were the ones I wanted and needed. I don't regret a second that I decided to have my own site because the majority of my patients found out about me thanks to it.

Last edited: