Professional USMLE Tutor

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

USMLE_PROFESSIONAL

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Looking to excel on the USMLE examinations?

Trying to get into a competitive residency?

Struggling to break into a United States residency program?

Need some help getting the passing score you need?

Look no further! With over 2,500+ hours of USMLE tutoring experience, I can provided the focused, tailor-made tutoring you need to achieve your personal goals.

I completed my USMLE step 1 with a score of 270 (99th percentile), USMLE step 2 CS (pass), and USMLE step 3 (234 (79th percentile). I am currently working in Healthcare Management, and completing a Healthcare MBA so that I can work as a Hospital Administrator or run a major research facility.

Nonetheless, I have always loved teaching prospective residents, and look forward to helping you reach your career goals. I have tutored 15 -20 hours a week for over 4 years, and have worked with a variety of students with different goals and time frames. Let me help you reach your USMLE goals!

My current student’s recommendation:

“ Ryan is an amazing tutor that has given me the motivation and focus I need to pass the USMLE step 1, despite my multiple prior attempts. He created a structured and targeted program incorporating lectures, real-life vignettes, and USMLE questions, that have brought my studying to a whole new level. As an international medical school graduate, I don’t know how I could do this without him! I will definitely be working with him on my USMLE Step 2 an 3.”

Don’t waste your time with other USMLE tutoring services that will charge you an exorbitant amount to work with someone for only a few hours, or will require you to work in a group setting. Get the personalized, tailor-made service that will best meet your unique needs. Compare to my competitors who will charge you between $150-300 / hour for one-on-one tutoring, I am charging only $90/hour, and am willing to negotiate lower rates for a longer period or more sessions of tutoring.

Send me a message and we can set up a free session to talk about what you are looking for in a tutor, and how I can best meet your needs.

Ryan

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users
Hi Ryan i am looking for a tutor could you send me a text at 310-869-5364. Thanks

Hi Ryan, I'm interested in a one-one tutor. Pls call or text me at 847-312-3745. Let me know the best time to contact you. Thanks

Members don't see this ad :)
Hi Ryan, I'm interested in a one-one tutor. Pls call or text me at 847-312-3745. Let me know the best time to contact you. Thanks

Hello,

I apologize for the late reply! It appears that SDN has not been sending me notifications regarding replies to my ad. If you are still interested in tutoring services, please feel free to send me an email at [email protected] or give me a phone call at 808-397-4147. Once again, sorry for the delay and I look forward to hearing from you

Ryan

Reactions: 1 user
Hi Ryan i am looking for a tutor could you send me a text at 310-869-5364. Thanks
Hello,

I apologize for the late reply! It appears that SDN has not been sending me notifications regarding replies to my ad. If you are still interested in tutoring services, please feel free to send me an email at [email protected] or give me a phone call at 808-397-4147. Once again, sorry for the delay and I look forward to hearing from you

Ryan

I've gotta plug my opinion in here real quick. I'm an MS2 in Texas and I was pretty worried about STEP so I began my search for a supplemental tutor. Not only were they expensive (anybody see the dude that charges $345/hour?!), I was dubious that a stranger on Skype would be worth the cost to boost my score.

After 2 months with Ryan I couldn't be happier that I made the plunge to solicit his help. Ryan is cool, down to earth and obviously brilliant. He can dilute complicated concepts into simple points, and bridge key points across disciplines. Every time our session ends I wished I had a few more minutes to pick his brain. On top of all that, Ryan isn't about some stale sales gimmick to get new clients (just google it if you want a kitsch website); he genuinely cares about me doing well, and I enjoy the time I get to learn from him.

So yeah I recommend him. Anybody send me a PM if y'all wanna know anything else.

Just adding in my two cents as well! I'm an IMG-MS2 from the Caribbean and I had been studying on my own for Step for a bit when I decided that having a personal tutor would make my life a lot easier during this critical and stressful time. Just like the person above me, shelling out so much money for a complete stranger to help me over Skype made me really nervous. After talking to Ryan, it was really obvious that he wasn't out to scam money and that he really does enjoy teaching and wants his students to do well.

He makes the material manageable and explains concepts in an integrative (and surprisingly fun) way so that things just click in an intuitive manner. He is truly an optimistic, caring, and intelligent tutor that believes in his students. Some of of his best qualities (aside from his obvious brilliance) is that he is very organized, proactive, and easy to reach.

For further questions, feel free to send me a PM and I'll be happy to give you more information!

I am also a foreign medical graduate student of Ryan's and with his help, I just passed the Step 1 after failing previously. It's difficult to find a tutor that you can trust and is available for any questions, but Ryan reviewed all of my prep material and scores, created an individualized tutoring plan, made a schedule and provided tutoring that made the material so much more easier to understand. I wouldn't have made it this far this quickly if I didn't have his help. THANK YOU RYAN! I highly recommend him for a tutor if you need help. I'm using him to prepare for my step 2, so please don't take up all of his time :)

Looking to excel on the USMLE examinations?

Trying to get into a competitive residency?

Struggling to break into a United States residency program?

Need some help getting the passing score you need?

Look no further! With over 2,500+ hours of USMLE tutoring experience, I can provided the focused, tailor-made tutoring you need to achieve your personal goals.

I completed my USMLE step 1 with a score of 270 (99th percentile), USMLE step 2 CS (pass), and USMLE step 3 (234 (79th percentile). I am currently working in Healthcare Management, and completing a Healthcare MBA so that I can work as a Hospital Administrator or run a major research facility.

Nonetheless, I have always loved teaching prospective residents, and look forward to helping you reach your career goals. I have tutored 15 -20 hours a week for over 4 years, and have worked with a variety of students with different goals and time frames. Let me help you reach your USMLE goals!

My current student’s recommendation:

“ Ryan is an amazing tutor that has given me the motivation and focus I need to pass the USMLE step 1, despite my multiple prior attempts. He created a structured and targeted program incorporating lectures, real-life vignettes, and USMLE questions, that have brought my studying to a whole new level. As an international medical school graduate, I don’t know how I could do this without him! I will definitely be working with him on my USMLE Step 2 an 3.”

Don’t waste your time with other USMLE tutoring services that will charge you an exorbitant amount to work with someone for only a few hours, or will require you to work in a group setting. Get the personalized, tailor-made service that will best meet your unique needs. Compare to my competitors who will charge you between $150-300 / hour for one-on-one tutoring, I am charging only $90/hour, and am willing to negotiate lower rates for a longer period or more sessions of tutoring.

Send me a message and we can set up a free session to talk about what you are looking for in a tutor, and how I can best meet your needs.

Ryan

I have been googling for tutor(s) in prepping for my steps few months back & found Ryan on SDN website. Initially I didn't know what to expect but I have chosen to take a leap of faith because I knew I needed help in getting through these exams. Also, I figured it couldn't hurt to at least do a phone interview before committing myself. After the phone conversation I found that Ryan is indeed legit & I have use him as my tutor since then. I like his personal, customized approach to learning than the standardized cookie cutter system offered by most prep courses on the market.
Ryan conducted the tutoring each session by reviewing bunch of MCQs for topics assigned before the session. He is extremely patient in explaining all the concepts and he was able to identify areas I need to work on. He uses many visual tools such as pictures, diagrams, flow charts & etc. in helping me to understands & most importantly remembering the study materials. Ryan is very intelligent, knowledgeable & he has a deed knowledge about the USMLE exams. After just 4 sessions of tutoring, my NBME self assessment has increased by more than 15 points. I am very pleased that this is working out for me! Many thanks to Ryan!

I also found Ryan on SDN. Recently started working with him now and glad he is there to help. He knows the material very well, works with your goals, though most of all he has a genuine interest in helping you.

I highly recommend him!

Along with the other members above, I had the opportunity to receive tutoring from Ryan and echo the same sentiments as those written by other students. Ryan is extremely knowledgeable (one of the smartest people I have ever met) and the clarity with which he explains concepts is incredible! He is able to break down hard concepts and explain it in such simple terms and also provides helpful analogies which enable students to readily grasp the information at hand. While working with him, I saw a significant increase in my understanding and knowledge base across all subjects in a short period of time. He is also incredibly patient, very professional, and is truly invested in your success as a student. I cannot recommend anyone else better out there who can tutor as well as Ryan. Highly recommend him!