Professionalism at Interviews

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ACPTWannabe

Reaction score
Hey Everybody,

I know this may sound ridiculous, but I found out today that I am going to have to have ACL reconstruction done probably in late September. I am concerned that if (fingers crossed) I have any interviews during the recovery time that it will hurt my ability to look professional. I know since we are all going into physical therapy that the schools should understand, but do you think I should attempt to take later interview dates, or take the earlier ones and go on crutches?

Thanks,

Anna

Members don't see this ad.

Hey Everybody,

I know this may sound ridiculous, but I found out today that I am going to have to have ACL reconstruction done probably in late September. I am concerned that if (fingers crossed) I have any interviews during the recovery time that it will hurt my ability to look professional. I know since we are all going into physical therapy that the schools should understand, but do you think I should attempt to take later interview dates, or take the earlier ones and go on crutches?

Thanks,

Anna
If the school doesn't do rolling admissions, then you can absolutely take a later interview date. Either way, they will understand that you just had surgery and will accommodate you as needed. Being on crutches does not affect your ability to act professionally and present yourself in a manner that is desirable for their program. Best of luck with your recovery!

I can't imagine being on crutches doing anything for your interview in either direction honestly.
Show up early, dress and act pro, and as long as its a good match you should be just fine.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
If the school doesn't do rolling admissions, then you can absolutely take a later interview date. Either way, they will understand that you just had surgery and will accommodate you as needed. Being on crutches does not affect your ability to act professionally and present yourself in a manner that is desirable for their program. Best of luck with your recovery!
I guess I was just thinking of the sweaty conseqences of trying to get around on crutches, and how the knee brace wrinkles pants. Oh and the pain factor and how the pain could impact my mood. Lol. I know its silly. I guess I'm just nervous.

I actually did all of my interviews on crutches, and each school was very accommodating. I found that it definitely sparked conversations. I don't see it hurting you

Reactions: 1 user