Program rankings

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

zealous

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Can anyone give me the general heads up on the rankings for all of the combined/integrated programs? Thanks.

Members don't see this ad.

zealous said:
Can anyone give me the general heads up on the rankings for all of the combined/integrated programs? Thanks.

Based on your previous post in March:

zealous said:
Step I 221
1 publication-not surgical but related to nutrition (statins vs natural foods in lowering cholesterol, etc.)
1 abstract from summer research in plastic surgery-planning on asking for LOR from this surgeon.
Highly doubt will be AOA.
attending a UC school with strong plastics.

If I were you, I wouldn't obsess about which programs are ranked higher than others right now. You should instead focus on putting together a good application and hope that you'll get some decent interviews.

mcindoe said:
Based on your previous post in March:

If I were you, I wouldn't obsess about which programs are ranked higher than others right now. You should instead focus on putting together a good application and hope that you'll get some decent interviews.

Believe it or not, there was a reason for my question! If you couldn't answer it then don't respond!! I don't need any smarta$$ remarks.

Members don't see this ad :)
zealous said:
Believe it or not, there was a reason for my question! If you couldn't answer it then don't respond!! I don't need any smarta$$ remarks.

It may seem personal, and maybe it was, but I'd say it was some good advice ... regardless of your scores/etc. I don't think you need to know much about rankings with the integrated programs except to say they're all extremely difficult to get into.

Believe it or not ... well, I think it would be helpful if we knew what your reasons were for asking. Not only does it not seem worthwhile to rank them, as noted above, but I would think it's a bit difficult to rank them.

blu

I'm not aware of any organization that 'ranks' PRS training programs...fortunately, there is a responsible governing body that accredits these programs, and reviews them frequently...but the RRC and ASPS certainly don't rank them. US News and World Reports did'nt include PRS training programs in their recent annual guide to colleges and universities. Perhaps by watching a few re-runs of Extreme Makeover, The Swan and Dr 90210, the OP could form a rough rank-list based on where all of the featured master-surgeons did their training.

TNS

navysurgeon said:
Perhaps by watching a few re-runs of Extreme Makeover, The Swan and Dr 90210, the OP could form a rough rank-list based on where all of the featured master-surgeons did their training.

Master surgeons? More like prostitutes with scalpels.

The "master" surgeons need no advertising; word-of-mouth sustains them just fine. And if they're featured on television, it wouldn't reassure me to see him/her on an E! program sandwiched between a True Hollywood Story and a panel discussion of the fashion faux-pas of this year's Oscars.

navysurgeon said:
I'm not aware of any organization that 'ranks' PRS training programs...fortunately, there is a responsible governing body that accredits these programs, and reviews them frequently...but the RRC and ASPS certainly don't rank them. US News and World Reports did'nt include PRS training programs in their recent annual guide to colleges and universities. Perhaps by watching a few re-runs of Extreme Makeover, The Swan and Dr 90210, the OP could form a rough rank-list based on where all of the featured master-surgeons did their training.

TNS

The program that trained one of those 'master surgeons' had some interesting comments about him. Being on television does not a master make.

ummm....my response to the OP's inane question was 'tongue in cheek', shall we say...you guys need to lighten up a little...

TNS